Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
WTF!
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My best friend's g/f is going to get a new bike. The biggest problem is her heigth (5'2"). That is about the only reason I think she is interested in a cruiser. I have been trying to help her weigh the options but I feel the FZ6 would please her more, and make her feel the purchase was a wise decision. She rode my bud's Road Star Warrior, so I said well get the FZ6 so you can trade on rides, instead of being stuck with two cruisers in the family. She was talking about getting hard luggage later so I said FZ6 again. The FZ6 has better rain protection, more comfortable for longer rides and funner in my opinion. I am a little biased but I think the FZ6 would be a better choice. Any one have more pro/cons?

·
No Brakes!
69 Posts
fz6 response...

I don't know much about the fz6, although it's cool lookin....I will tell you that a female friend of mine (about 5-3) bought a suzuki rsv650s...the seat was too high...so I lowered it with a lowering link as far as I could...it was still too high...she dropped the brand new bike 3x ina week...so it went away....

It's a situation of fit.....they have to feel comfortable....so for what thats worth...good luck

·
WTF!
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
EliminatorR1 said:
5'2"?!! Get her a cruiser and save her from misery. FZ6 is out of the question.
Yeah I am sure that will end up being the determining factor. I fell bad for her, she even said she wished she was taller.:(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts