Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help! I just installed a set of Galfer lines for the front brakes on my 03 R1. I can not get any pressure out of the front brakes now. I tried bleeding the brakes and some fluid came out and then its all just air. Now I have no front brakes at all. Can someone help me please!!! Thanks!!

Brian

·
Formley known as slutty
5,183 Posts
whats your bleeding technique....

did you try the old method of pump, pump, pump Like a hundred times and maintain pressur on the brake lever the uncap the bleeder to let all the air out then retighten the bleeder screw and pump again????

If that didnt work did you try putting both brake lines in a bottle of brake fluid and keep both the bleeder screws open and pump away????

If none of these work you may need to Power bleed them this utilizesan air compressor and a powersuction....

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried the first way i guess. Do I have to take the bleeder screw all the way out? I'll try the other ways. Thanks for the reply!

Brian

·
Formley known as slutty
5,183 Posts
r1stunta said:
I tried the first way i guess. Do I have to take the bleeder screw all the way out? I'll try the other ways. Thanks for the reply!

Brian
No when utilizing the first method you only losen the bleeder screw after you have pumpped the brake leve like a hundred times.........BEFORE you relive the brake lever you need to tighten the bleeder screw so you not sucking air back into the line when you let out on the brake lever. then pump it up again and jus t crack the bleeder serew do not remove it just crack it open and it shoud spurt out air and a little bit of fluid...after the 6-10 time of doing this it should start to pour out only fluid and NO air after this point your brakes will be firm....and your done...

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
slutty22 said:
No when utilizing the first method you only losen the bleeder screw after you have pumpped the brake leve like a hundred times.........BEFORE you relive the brake lever you need to tighten the bleeder screw so you not sucking air back into the line when you let out on the brake lever. then pump it up again and jus t crack the bleeder serew do not remove it just crack it open and it shoud spurt out air and a little bit of fluid...after the 6-10 time of doing this it should start to pour out only fluid and NO air after this point your brakes will be firm....and your done...

:iamwithst :yesnod

1 - 5 of 5 Posts