Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I'm looking to purchase an '09-'14 model and have my sights on a couple of tasty low kilometer gems. Always good to look around a forum for advice etc. I've just spent the last 10 years mainly on enduro bikes but previously to that had many different roadies, the last being a 954 Fireblade. Hope to be posting up a pic of my new R1 within the next few weeks, in the meantime I'll be lurking and learning in the different forums.

Cheers, Pete.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi Pete, fellow aussie ( qld ), had my 2011 for a year now, great bikes at a bargain price.This forum and its members will guide you in the right direction on any question you have.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hi Pete, welcome to the forum. I was lucky enough to work in Sydney back in 96, beautiful country, you have, really nice people and weather to die for

I’ve had three of the Big Bang R1’s, a 2009 model, 2011 and 2012. They changed slightly in 2012 from the 14b to the 14be, the 14be got traction control .

They are amazing bikes, very rewarding to ride, I would suggest you test ride a few, the early 09 bikes did suffer a bit from quality control, at the time the press said you either got a good one or a bad one...my first one wasn’t brilliant, however the 2011 bike was amazing... how my 09 should have been and the 2012... better still.

Some of my mates also had 09 versions and theirs were fine.

All in all I would recommend these bikes, oh and the sound.... it really is amazing

Enjoy your hunt for your new bike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the warm welcome peeps :) . Well, I think I have found THE one, essentially standard 2009 model (pink frame which I love the look of) only done 5,000k's, mint condition. Giddy up! Will post pics once the deal is done.

Pete

1 - 8 of 8 Posts