Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings from Australia

I'm a new owner of a 2001 R1 in red, I don't know anybody here yet so I'll just tell a little about me. I'm 38 yo dude, been riding sportsbikes for about 8 years and my flavor is the older stuff compared to the newer. I decided on an R1 (2001) because I like bikes with carbs, just like the feel, and because they were the refined model of the 1st generation of which I like 1st gen bikes. My other favorite bike was a 93 900RR which I should have kept. About to pick my bike up from the shop who have done a valve check while I went over the carbs, will be up and running today :)

Ben

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi Ben, from aussie also,had my R1 for 12months now and have got some great info from this forum,your 02 with a serviced motor and a sticky set of tyres will put a smile on your face.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey, good one man, I'm on the Goldy, where bouts are you? I did the valve check, exup and throttle sensor are set plus went over the carbs. This bike's explosive!! next upgrade is a steering damper, pronto! gave me a little twitch last night :eek:
Cheers

·
Registered
42 Posts
Live in the Sunshine coast area Ben,my 2011 has a damper as standard and it gives you so much confidence through bumpy corners,holds its line with no headshake at all ,will be good insurance if you put one on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts