Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of you awesome 07-08 R1 riders wondering about an aftermarket gear indicator that WILL work with a quickshifter. The HealTech / IDEA gear indicator both work. I think the IDEA is probably a discontinued run of the HealTech, both both products look and function the same. It is basically plug and play with only one additional wire that needs to be connected to the bike. I am posting this because this one is the best bang for the buck. I bought the IDEA because it was cheaper. There is a slight delay between actually changing the gear and the reading on the indicator. If using the clutch, the indicator shows correct gear when you release clutch. When quickshifting without the clutch, there is probably less than a one second delay between the physical shift and the display on the indicator. Why Yamaha didn't install an indicator from the factory, who knows...but from one rider to another, this is a cheap and very nice modification for your 07-08 R1

·
what
04 R1
667 Posts
I have this on my 04 and it works great. Big and bright. Easy to see and easy install.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts