Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
ROWDY
12,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok How many of you guys and girls bought Dainese or Alpinstar gear because it was Italian old world craftsmanship? Have you looked at the lable? You might be surprised! My gear reads like this Dainese Delmar leather jacket Made in Tunisia! Dainese Delta Pro leather pants Made in the Ukraine! Alpinstar mx5 boots Made In Thailand! Alpinestar Undersuit Made in Vietnam! Alpinstar ComPro Shorts Made in China! Makes you wonder why the Fcuk the stuff costs so damn much don't it! :no :mad:

·
D.N.F.
4,265 Posts
Well I bought my Sidi boots 'cause they just felt so good when I put them on. Don't really matter to me where they were made.

·
ROWDY
12,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I bought my Sidi boots 'cause they just felt so good when I put them on. Don't really matter to me where they were made.
I guess thats true, but it seems we are paying for a brand that we assume would be made In Italy or where ever the companys located only to find it is made in some sweet shop in an other country.

·
damn turkeys
29,378 Posts
i bought my a* stuff because it was the right price and fit the best. didn't even know where the company was based out of back then.

·
Don't put doubts in your mind
3,026 Posts
If it matters to you what country it's made in, find out before buying it, don't assume. :fact

·
Only 1 R1
330 Posts
Its all about quality control. Labor is cheap in other countries so makes sense. If you go to Italy and want to buy leather stuff. You will be confused because of the replicas they make. You cannot trust anybody except reputed/brand shops. At least I had my share of confusion when I was there.

More importantly they are all cheaper in U.S with a guarantee of the the brand.

·
Super Moderator
21,674 Posts
Makes you wonder where the MotoGP and WSBK Astars are made at. I would lay money down they are not made in those overseas sweat shops like the ones you and I buy. I bet they are made in Italy.

·
D.N.F.
4,265 Posts
probably one off custom made for each rider, with all the logos and names on.....

·
I Ride Alone.
2,495 Posts
If it matters to you what country it's made in, find out before buying it, don't assume. :fact
I love it when people buy something then start bitching about where it is made afterwards.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts