Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just started getting all my new gear, I am super excited so I want to see what you guys got going on!

Alpinestars Faster vented riding shoes
Alpinestars Carbon reinforced gloves
LaZer Kestral Carbon Light with Transitions face shield
GoPro Hero 4 Silver edition
SENA SMH110R

Not pictured, hasn't arrived yet...
Joe Rocket Yamaha Jacket

My obsession with carbon fiber is extremely real :smlove2:

Attachments

· 14k+ posts and not one helpful
14,358 Posts
On the bike count? :crash

· Registered
1,687 Posts
REEVU MSX1 rear-view helmet (Great)

Cortech 2 piece leather suit (meh)+Cortech boots(garbage)+Cortech gloves(very good) The gloves don't look like the picture at all though. They're actually really nice looking and really comfortable.

Tyronic protector 3.7 back protector

Alpinestars breeze air jacket (favorite jacket by far) This is a better winter and a better summer jacket than my Cortech. If I put the full long-sleeve liner in it's very warm and blocks the wind, if I take it out it has really good air flow. The cortech is very hot in the summer and very cold in the winter. Also, the Cortech Jacket has a semi-obese cut. There's so much extra material around the waist that it just looks stupid. The Astars jacket has a nice athletic looking taper. The Cortech is too short, so if you don't zip it to the leather pants it's ass-crack city. The Astars is the perfect length for me. This jacket is only about $80, and seems to be very good quality. Mine has held up really well and unless you fall off at 120 mph I think it protect you enough. I can't put on a full leather suit just to go down to the store or something like that.

· SEMPER FI 0331
422 Posts

· 14k+ posts and not one helpful
14,358 Posts
Ballistik attack pro custom kangaroo leather suit
Ballistik custom gloves
Bell flying tiger helmet
Sidi vortice boots
Knox Aegis track vest.
Nice!

9,338 Posts
I admit, I have a CF fetish as well...:lol

But you can't go wrong with gear. I have always invested in gear for a few reasons but mainly because I want the best protection for my wife and I in the event that we crash. Plus it just looks bad ass too...:D

So here goes...

Astar GP Pro 1 piece

Moto D 1 piece under suit

Hers & His back protectors

Fox socks for wifey (Vday gift)

Dainese womens under shirt (also a Vday gift)...look she already got make up on it...:lol

Fox socks for me

Sidi ladies boots

Sidi mens boots

Dainese super speed jacket

Ladies Astar textile, Dainese air drake textile

Arai Corsair hers & his haslam & patriot

Rev-it ladies gloves...with CF..:lol

Dainese Full Metal RS

Arai Colin Edwards GP Valencia...NIB got it today from mutha russia!!!!

Ohh yea, went to Revzilla today, to try on the AGV Pista, and I re-confirmed I have an Arai head...

· Registered
1,687 Posts
Why don't you like the Cortech boots?
There's nothing to really like about them.

1- I have fairly big calves but I have to stretch the velcro past where it should go and velcro them to the normal stretchy fabric to make them reasonably tight "instead of velcro to velcro".

2- the "foot box" or whatever it's called is HUGE, the length is correct but the height is ridiculous. There's a ton of room between the top of my foot and the shoe above it. I think there's a good chance they would fall off in a crash despite the length fitting my foot correctly.
I'm wearing two sets of insoles stacked and it's still too big.

3- The ankle protection brace thing they advertise is BS, it's completely limp and doesn't do anything. The only ankle protection you have is the padded leather.

4- They are super big around the toe and I have a real hard time getting my foot into position to shift up.

5- They're not really comfortable. Not insanely painful but uncomfortable enough that I don't really use them. I use my Speed and Strength Riding with the Bulls Shoes instead and these offer just as much if not more protection. For some reason contorting my foot to use the shifter causes me knee pain especially since it's continually contorted on longer rides.

Forget about the airflow they're supposed to have.

6- In person they're ugly. They look like children's snow booties with toe sliders attached more than motorcycle boots.

· Mad Thou Rider
2,811 Posts
I havent got pics, and my gear is pretty . . . . 'well loved' looking haha.

Most of my stuff was from local producers. I have used a couple brands that you guys probably dont get over there in the USA - Qmoto and 1tonne.
Qmoto reasonable gear, but the guy who started the company tuned out to be a real c*n# and I refuse to have anything to do with him or his gear anymore.

The 1tonne stuff is backed by shaun harris (IOM TT winner). Ive ridden and cashed in both, and have stood up well

· Registered
2 Posts
How do you embed youtube videos? A member asked this question on another thread and apparently you only have to copy the link. Ain't working for me :icon_frown:

Nevermind figured it out just use this code: [ youtube ]XXXXXX[ / youtube ]

Get rid of all the spaces in between the command above and enter the code at the end of your youtube link where the XXXX is

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.