Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 04 is already down 1 tooth in the front with a stock rear, and im considering going up 2 more when i do the 520 conversion in the near future. IIRC 1LongR1 said he actually trapped slower with this combination.....so im just looking for opinions etc from those who have run this combination before.

the only thing really holding me back is that i dont know how bad the top end is hurt with the -1/+2 combo, and where i live there are a few stretches that we run quite often that i have room enough to get to the limiter in 6th gear (please spare me the lectures). Obviously i will lose some top speed.....and like i said my bike will make it to the limiter in 6th as is. Im just after more acceleration up to that point.

mods to the bike are: PC3, full graves system, -1 tooth, graves velocity stacks, BMC filter, and a dry nitrous setup. I know the bike will run stronger on the gas with the gearing left as is.....but im more concerned with how much fun it is to ride on motor.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
also, forgot to ask.....

i saw a link to a pdf off of yamaha-racing's site that contained the gear limited top speeds of an 04+ R1 with different sprocket combinations, but the link nolonger works. anyone have this?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts