Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:dollar Hey everyone this is my first post on this site... by the way this site kicks ass. Anyway I'm in a dillema and I figured I would go to the experts to get opinions on what to do. I have a 2003 R1 and last year I put a full Akro Ti Race system on it along with a PC3r and a K&N filter. After doing all that I was really happy with the high end gains but EXTREMELY disappointed with the low end loss. I was also disappointed with the popping (Yes i have read all about AIS removal). Well I don't race, and I loved all that low end torque so I'm seriously considering selling the full system, and putting the old system back on with a nice slip-on. Am I crazy here?!?! :eek:

What I may do instead of the full system is put on a slip-on, graves stacks, graves slide stops, and graves air box. My other question is will I be happy with these mods? Will I see some good gains like with the full system but no loss in low end power? Do slip-on's pop like the full systems? I need help here guys.

Thanks,
Jeffrey

·
Registered
4,005 Posts
The setup you have will do much better with a little time on the dyno to tune it and create a good map.

·
Registered
4,005 Posts
You will always have a little dip around 3000-3500 but tuned right it it is very minimal.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I WOULD 1 DOWN FRONT SPROCKET & 1 UP ON REAR=PLENTY OF LOW END GRUNT & KEEP THE FULL SYS. my OP:yesnod

·
Registered
4,005 Posts
Mine is an 01, but I love my full system sounds great and plenty of power all over.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Re: mods?

kiblerjd0913 said:
caribstv.... what other mods do you have? Did you dyno tune?

Jeffrey
In addition to the Full system. I have Dyno jet stage one jet kit.

and Flo-commander found here-------------->http://www.flo-commander.com/

When Since I put it on, the lady been so much Smoother! (throttle control)

I still have to fine tune it to the full system..and dyno run as well

·
Registered
86 Posts
Yes. but you'll get the most benifit from it. if you install a power commander (since you have an 03) and have it ampped correctly..

:hellobye

1 - 11 of 11 Posts