Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
??????
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well if you guys remeber my post about whether or not get an '03 R1 and R6 (track bike) or an '04... well I'm going to get the R1 and R6.. I found a great deal on an '03 with 5400 miles on it and it's completley stock :rock .. So let the moding begin!! Here are my thoughts:

DB bubble
frame sliders
undertail
velocity stacks

here's what I need help on.. whether or not to get a power commander or a TFI chip.. and which exhaust full or slip-on, D&D or Akra!! I love the sound of a D&D so I'm sort of leaning that way.. Should I get a K&N?? Well let me know your thoughts and for those of you with '03's let me know your setup and HP.. thank you..:riding

·
mmmmm...black bike
1,856 Posts
For one thing HP doesn't mean shit on the street. I would say put a slip on, on it. Make it look good and sound good to you and then just RIDE it. :hellobye

·
GO CHIEFS!!!
6,870 Posts
The akra is definitely a lot nice pipe than the D&D, but is also much more expensive. Personally, I'd reccomend the full Hindle as they are not only affordable, but top notch quality as well.

Of course, if you are just looking for the sound, then a slip-on is the way to go...

- BA

·
06 is my year
1,062 Posts
Dragon R1, can I ask what you paid...?? For the 03?

·
??????
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cowboy, $7600 with tax, tag transfer and title.. I might acctually get it a little cheaper than that.. Do you have any more pics of your 03 if that's your in your avatar it looks sweet same color as the one I'm going to get..

·
06 is my year
1,062 Posts
Dragon,
Here are the pics. Send me a pm. I have an 04' on order and may be looking to sell this one. It currently has 1400 miles on it. It has about $4000 in mods already done. If you interested let me know.

Attachments

·
06 is my year
1,062 Posts
Another Pic....

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
21,675 Posts
Dragon, no red 04? Now you'll have a 03 sliver like mine. Yeah,
for sure the DB windscreen, next undertail, intutive sliders and
a damper for sure (did you see my Matris M3?). As for a slip-on
what ever floats your boat. A full system maybe Akra or I've seen
the Arta and it looked sweet and sounded great. Add the stacks
and with a PC3 and a map and it should put out some good
numbers. Keep in mind you'll lose some low end with a full setup
due to the loss of the Exup. When are you going to get it?

·
06 is my year
1,062 Posts
Dragon, I agree you will lose the low end with a full akra, but get a remap down to and you can clean up the power curve from the bottom to top and leave you smilin. I have that set up with a K&n Air filter, no stacks though, and its making 140 hp w/73.5 ft/lb torque....

·
??????
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Skeeter said:
Dragon, no red 04? Now you'll have a 03 sliver like mine. Yeah,
for sure the DB windscreen, next undertail, intutive sliders and
a damper for sure (did you see my Matris M3?). As for a slip-on
what ever floats your boat. A full system maybe Akra or I've seen
the Arta and it looked sweet and sounded great. Add the stacks
and with a PC3 and a map and it should put out some good
numbers. Keep in mind you'll lose some low end with a full setup
due to the loss of the Exup. When are you going to get it?
No red 04.. I figured I could put some more cash away for a track bike.. I orderd the DB, Frame sliders and a D&D slip-on.. I think instead of a PC3 I'm going to go with the TFI chip and I'm going to order the stacks tomorrow and probably the K&N as for the Dampner I have an Ohlins on my 99 that's going to come off before I sell it.... I'll have the bike either end of this week or next week.. What's the stock HP on the 03?? I have 140 to the wheel on my 99... :rock

·
Super Moderator
21,675 Posts
DragonR1 said:
What's the stock HP on the 03?? I have 140 to the wheel on my 99... :rock
135 to 136 in it's stock form. I'm sure it's gonna be loud with
that D&D on it. I look forward to seeing it. It should pull good
with those mods.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts