Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Driving the Big Brown Truck
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ran into a buddy of mine that I haven't seen in a while the other day. We caught up on old times, and little did I know, he now has his FFL, and is selling firearms on the side. Me being the nice gentleman that I am hit him up for a deal.

So, he ran the NICS check on me, gave me the OK, and asked what I'd like:

:jump hmmmmm...........

I'm getting a new Glock 21 (.45) :rock

and the kicker is, he's letting me have it at his cost :jump :jump

Anyone have one ???

Opinions ??

Advice about this gun ??

·
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I went with the 45 for one reason:

"When you absolutley have to blow a coffee can hole in someone's ass.......use a 45"

Nahhhhh.......I like the fact that (if) needed for home security/whatever.....no doubt that the 45 will knock the shiot outta someone.......plus since I'm getting it at cost, why not huh ??

I am getting it for pleasure shooting/ defense

·
theoretical astrophysicist
359 Posts
I've got an HK USP .45 Full size...Love the caliber but ammo is kinda expensive...But if someones coming into my house coffee can holes are the way to go...

·
Banned
360 Posts
A glock in any caliber will do the job....finest handgun that I have ever owned.

I carry a .40 for my job.

Just remember two in the chest one in the skull (Tap-Tap.....TAP)!!!

Well placed shots are the most important factor.

Have fun with it and remember...squeeze the trigger dont yank it!!

·
Off Topic mod
11,217 Posts
I love my glock :rock I went with the 9mm but I am getting a .45 eventually (once I get money :) )

·
Cheating death in the "D"
21,086 Posts
R1_enough_said said:
I ran into a buddy of mine that I haven't seen in a while the other day. We caught up on old times, and little did I know, he now has his FFL, and is selling firearms on the side. Me being the nice gentleman that I am hit him up for a deal.

So, he ran the NICS check on me, gave me the OK, and asked what I'd like:

:jump hmmmmm...........

I'm getting a new Glock 21 (.45) :rock

and the kicker is, he's letting me have it at his cost :jump :jump

Anyone have one ???

Opinions ??

Advice about this gun ??

I have a 21 & love it, I'm not a serious target shooter, but I did get a new grip cover to aid in feel/balance, and next was an integrated laser system. Mine also has 13 round pre-ban mags.

Excellant choice in home protection & stopping power
:thumbup

Attachments

·
Banned
1,059 Posts
IMO, aside from a shotgun, you ordered the best self defense gun in the world. I had a Glock 21 for years. I am surprised they aren't more popular. You combine the finest handgun in the world with the best self defense load and you get the Glock 21. i got mine before the Hi-cap ban and could load 13 rounds in her.
Also, I don't find .45 ACP rounds expensive. A box of 50 target rounds is about 14 bucks at Sports Authority. Maybe he's talking about .45 Colt (cowboy gun) which is about $25 bucks a box.
One time I shot a Pepsi can at 100 yards. I couldn't even see it, just a faint white blip on a stick at the rifle range. I had to walk shots in by looking for the dust plumes, When I saw the can jump, I knew I had hit it. Heehee.

·
Got Toys?
351 Posts
I've had a Glock .45 for a couple of years. It's always loaded and ready to go (no kids). I target every once and awhile but its main use is home security. :yesnod

Glocks are awesome. I would recommend them to anybody considering a handgun purchase.

·
Cheating death in the "D"
21,086 Posts
ShaSha said:
IMO, aside from a shotgun, you ordered the best self defense gun in the world. I had a Glock 21 for years. I am surprised they aren't more popular. You combine the finest handgun in the world with the best self defense load and you get the Glock 21. i got mine before the Hi-cap ban and could load 13 rounds in her.
Also, I don't find .45 ACP rounds expensive. A box of 50 target rounds is about 14 bucks at Sports Authority. Maybe he's talking about .45 Colt (cowboy gun) which is about $25 bucks a box.
One time I shot a Pepsi can at 100 yards. I couldn't even see it, just a faint white blip on a stick at the rifle range. I had to walk shots in by looking for the dust plumes, When I saw the can jump, I knew I had hit it. Heehee.
My other line of defense, Remington 12 Gage Tactical shotgun :thumbup

Attachments

·
all done
944 Posts
I got a queston, I never owned a gun. So im wondering whats a good first gun to buy. Home protection and no kids Just a dog. I like hand guns but whats kind of prices am I looking at?? new used.

·
WHO STOLE MY DAM BIKE
515 Posts
i have two glocks 21 (.45 cal) and i jsut bought a 27 (.40 cal) excelent choice for a weapon now if i could jsut talt seargent into letting us carry glocks for our duty weapon all we can carry them for is our backup thats what the 27 is for but i love my 21. my.02 get the 21 look up agular ammo for it incredable penetrating power!

·
big pimpin
551 Posts
I have three. I love them, they are the best pistols I have ever owned and I have quite a few. I tink I like my g27 the best.:rock

·
No Need for a Title
3,768 Posts
dude if your getting a .45 for pleasure shooting, your gonna have alot of money in ammo, a 9mm or a 40 would do the trick, dont get me wrong every one should have a 45 but to just go out and blow threw ammo it would be alot cheaper with the 9 or 40

·
dont let your meat loaf
414 Posts
I have owned a glock model 22 for over 10 years and it is still one of my favorite guns to shoot and carry. its a 40 cal and is the most carried weapon of police officers(at least the ones in my area). i have many other fun handguns like the sig 228 (9mm) , desert eagle 50, jennings 380 , but i think the glock 40 is the most verstatile gun i own. the 50 cal is a shit load of fun to shoot but its a pain to carry and the sig is also an excellent weapon. it all depends on the purpose of your weapon!
:machinegu

·
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I am looking to get a Lasermax for it also.

I've heard that they are the best laser you can buy....fairly cheap too. It's all integrated, so you dont have bulky crap and wires hanging off your gun either.

Anyone have this particular laser ??

1 - 20 of 47 Posts