Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Convention main man
13,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I got some great news. I got my 06 yz450f tagged today in Georgia!!!
Here is the lowdown in my case. I had a title for ohio from teh guy I bought it from. He signed it over to me and we had that notarized. I took that and forms T-228 (Affadavit of Fact for Motorcycle or Motor Scooter) and form T22B (Certification of Inspection by a Duly Constituted Georgia City, County or State Law Enforcement Officer or County Tag Agent). I had both of these forms filled out and handed them to the tag office as well as the Ohio Offroad Title and proof of insurance and walked away with a Tag. They said the Ga. title will be in the mail and I should get it in about 10 days!
Remember, if you don't have a Title for the bike you have to get one to get a tag. If you are the original owner and only have an mso then you cna go through the sames steps I did to get a Title. If you are not the original owner and have a MSO then the person who is on the MSO has to get the title or give you power of attorny to do it for them and then they sign the title over to you.
Hope that helps folks for Georgia!

·
1,378 Posts
so a 03 CRF450 I could street it? I am looking to buy one. A guy named Kenny in Cummings has this bike and he didnt think it could be streeted. I'm looking to do something this weekend so I can make it to Barnesville Sunday. If you have any leads as to anyone with one for sell I can PM you me contact info. I was looking for a KTM 450,525,625, SMR since I knew I could tag and title it.

·
Convention main man
13,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any supermoto can be done in GA. Just go by the way I did it and the forms I used.

If it has a MSO, the original owner is the only person that can get the title and tag....if it has a title, even if it is offroad only, it can be transferred to someone else and then go through the same steps I did.

It is a little more of a pain with the MSO if you are not the original owner, but it can be done.

Good luck and see you sunday...it is going to be a blast!!!

·
Convention main man
13,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh yea, got the KTM 450SMR in the garage now. When can we go to Barnesville? Forget Christmas, lets go ride!!!
That's AWESOME Corey!!!

actually me and Rob may rent the track for a few hours sometime next week. I'll let you know if and when we do. It isn't to expensive and we can split it.:thumbup

·
Forum Moderator
32,431 Posts
That's AWESOME Corey!!!

actually me and Rob may rent the track for a few hours sometime next week. I'll let you know if and when we do. It isn't to expensive and we can split it.:thumbup
How much does it run Chad?

·
Convention main man
13,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How much does it run Chad?

20 bucks an hour for the first person and 10 per hour per additional person. Pretty darn cheap really!!! Or if you want it all day during the week it is 350 and 750 for the weekend.

·
1,378 Posts
20 bucks an hour for the first person and 10 per hour per additional person. Pretty darn cheap really!!! Or if you want it all day during the week it is 350 and 750 for the weekend.
Seriously? Dude that would be great, Im dying to take this thing out on the track. Let me know for sure, I gotta have a kickstart lever cause mine fell off while out playing on backroads, but besides that, I'll slap another tire on the rear and I will be there within 40 min. I'll pm ya my cell # incase its a short notice deal. I'm down for anyday,

·
X_Infantry
2,934 Posts
Found some good info for tagging in PA on Thumper Talk..

Plating in PA is not as bad as everyone seems, well mine went fairly well. What you need to do........
1. Go to a notary or PENNDOT website, get form 426B(Special, reconstruct, modified title app),
2. Get the parts for the bike(head hi/lo, tail/brake, & turn sig lights, horn, 2 mirriors some inspection stations allow 1, front & rear brake light switches, speedo, and DOT tires(I think thats all). Save all receipts!!!!!!!!
3. Install all parts on bike and take 4 pics. You will see what I mean when you get the form.
4. Get insurance for your bike.
5. "Truck" bike to inspection station for a mock inspection. You need to get a inspect sticker for the form. Again, form will explain.
6. Get all your paperwork together and send it to the state.
7. Sit back and relax cause I heard people say some took 3 weeks and some took 6 months. Mine took about 3 1/2 weeks. If there is something wrong with the form or anything else the state will send it back and tell you to fix it and return it. I have also heard of people going to there state rep. to help the process along.

Sounds pretty doable except for maybe inspection with non DOT parts..
Gonna look into trying it again.. Would really like to take it to the Gap & hang out..

·
Convention main man
13,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
good info Mike! That seems to be a quite a bit more detailed than GA, but every state is different. In Georgia there are no requirements for what they deem street legal for the inspection. It is up to the individual. Heck, if you can get an cop to just sign the paper like me you don't need anything on it. My bike is still a full YZ450 with supermoto setup....racebike. but it is street legal.

Man I hope you can get it done! There are going to be at least 5 of us with motards at the Gap!!! One of the guys from the R6 Forum is getting a WR just like yours done up and bringing it!

·
X_Infantry
2,934 Posts
You got State Farm right ?
About what ya pay / mo ?
Sounds like you need insurance before you get tags - how do they rate a bike like this ??

·
Frank the Tank RPTB
6,226 Posts
Don't think i m going to do the conversion on the yz, it looks like , wheels and tires are going to be at least 1200, lighting conversion kit, is around 300, and the stator costs 500, thats ALOT of cash to just street it. I wouldnt mind just buying the wheels , but all that extra stuff is just to much IMO.....:(

·
Last Minute Racing
970 Posts
yep thats me with the R6 and the 04 WR im building.Ill have both at the gap in june. You still have alittle time to get some cash together.Give it some more thought :)

·
Convention main man
13,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Don't think i m going to do the conversion on the yz, it looks like , wheels and tires are going to be at least 1200, lighting conversion kit, is around 300, and the stator costs 500, thats ALOT of cash to just street it. I wouldnt mind just buying the wheels , but all that extra stuff is just to much IMO.....:(

ok, quite your belly aching. I have already showed you wheels for under 1000, and lights for under 200 bucks.

honestly if you are wanting to put it on the street go and find out the ins and outs of getting it legal, then go find a friend that is a cop so you don't have to get it "officially" inspected. YOu get it signed off and get a tag...then worry about getting some stuff that will get you by on the street. that is what I did. My bike is street legal and still a full on yz450 supermoto racebike. I am sure you get do the same thing.

You can get by without blinkers and brakelights and stuff. Use hand signals. Your main thing is headlights and tail lights. the bike lights are super bright and will mount right on the handlebars. I saw a guy the other day on a bicycle with one of these lights and I could easily see the dude over a mile away, and it was daytime.

Just go to the DMV and ask for the papers to get a title for a motorcycle or for a salvage bike. that will probably tell you what you need to get done and the process to get a title. once you get the title you can get a tag..then you are set.

do you have a mso or offroad title for the yz450?

·
Frank the Tank RPTB
6,226 Posts
ok, quite your belly aching. I have already showed you wheels for under 1000, and lights for under 200 bucks.

honestly if you are wanting to put it on the street go and find out the ins and outs of getting it legal, then go find a friend that is a cop so you don't have to get it "officially" inspected. YOu get it signed off and get a tag...then worry about getting some stuff that will get you by on the street. that is what I did. My bike is street legal and still a full on yz450 supermoto racebike. I am sure you get do the same thing.

You can get by without blinkers and brakelights and stuff. Use hand signals. Your main thing is headlights and tail lights. the bike lights are super bright and will mount right on the handlebars. I saw a guy the other day on a bicycle with one of these lights and I could easily see the dude over a mile away, and it was daytime.

Just go to the DMV and ask for the papers to get a title for a motorcycle or for a salvage bike. that will probably tell you what you need to get done and the process to get a title. once you get the title you can get a tag..then you are set.

do you have a mso or offroad title for the yz450?
I have the title, but it says for offroad use only...I m going to check with a local dealer that has done this in WV, just to make sure........

·
Convention main man
13,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
you are good then. Heck, honestly you may can try and take that title to the DMV and see if they will give you a tag for it...you never know, especially in West Virginia, LOL. Even if they don't, they may give you the papers that tell you what you need to do.

·
Frank the Tank RPTB
6,226 Posts
you are good then. Heck, honestly you may can try and take that title to the DMV and see if they will give you a tag for it...you never know, especially in West Virginia, LOL. Even if they don't, they may give you the papers that tell you what you need to do.
Lol........I ve actually thought about that really............LMAO

·
Last Minute Racing
970 Posts
here in ohio you just take the dirt title to the DMV,tell them your converting it to street,fill out a paper,pay ot redo the title and your set to go by plates. No inspection no anything.Your signing a paper there that is saying you have made it leagal according to laws ect but its your responsability to make it that way and if you get cause not being leagal then its just like ridding any other non street ready bike/car/ect.

I had the guy im buying the bike from get it switched to a street title so im good to go :)

·
1,378 Posts
I'm looking at my KTM title/MSO. It says at top "Certificate of Origin For a Vehicle"

under "Name of Distributor, Dealer, ETC."

Munn Racing
PO Box 364
Lorena, TX 76655

on the back it hasnt been signed over to anyone....

I think I can take my title straight in to the DMV and title it without the forms. Got my insurance and title with me, I'll find out in a minute.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
About this Discussion
31 Replies
7 Participants
Gawarrior
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing