Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Convention main man
13,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
If it is a Certificate of origin and you are not listed as the original owner then you have problems. reason being is that the only person that can title a bike is the original owner on the CO. You may have to get them to do it for you.

btw, you can't sign over a CO.

·
1,378 Posts
If it is a Certificate of origin and you are not listed as the original owner then you have problems. reason being is that the only person that can title a bike is the original owner on the CO. You may have to get them to do it for you.

btw, you can't sign over a CO.
I'm retarded, I just went to the DMV instead of the Tag Office, DUH!!

Well it will appear I am the original owner because the title was never signed over to anyone from the dealer, so I am listed as the original owner:rock

The title is still in the dealers name, and on the first re-assignment on the back is me. So I think I should be good to go, I am going to take it to the tag office this evening and give it a whirl. I dont think I'll have any problems, or atleast lets hope not.

·
Last Minute Racing
970 Posts
a cetificate of origin is NOT a title!! Its just what it states, it shows where the bike came from (factory) and its intent (off road vehicle).I know in ohio you have to take that CO and have it switched into a title to get a state forest ridding sticker to ride in the trails.

This still isnt the same kinda title that you can buy a tag with. You need to have it changed to a street title and have the "for off road use" taken off. If you look at the CO you have and your car/truck title youll see the differances.This must be done to get a street tag. Good luck

·
Convention main man
13,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I'm retarded, I just went to the DMV instead of the Tag Office, DUH!!

Well it will appear I am the original owner because the title was never signed over to anyone from the dealer, so I am listed as the original owner:rock

The title is still in the dealers name, and on the first re-assignment on the back is me. So I think I should be good to go, I am going to take it to the tag office this evening and give it a whirl. I dont think I'll have any problems, or atleast lets hope not.

good luck, but they may give you crap about your name not being on the front. a CO is totally different than the title...the papers that you have to get and filled out are what you have to have to get an actual title.

Let me know what happens. there are work arounds to pretty much everything.:thumbup

·
1,378 Posts
a cetificate of origin is NOT a title!! Its just what it states, it shows where the bike came from (factory) and its intent (off road vehicle).I know in ohio you have to take that CO and have it switched into a title to get a state forest ridding sticker to ride in the trails.

This still isnt the same kinda title that you can buy a tag with. You need to have it changed to a street title and have the "for off road use" taken off. If you look at the CO you have and your car/truck title youll see the differances.This must be done to get a street tag. Good luck
hey bud guess what? you dont know what your even talking about cause KTM SMR's dont say "for offroad use only":butt

Took the MSO into the tag office with proof of insurance, paid $38 bucks and walked away with a tag, thank you

Chad- I have your plug with me today but I am slammed at the office, I'll try to get with ya today.

·
Convention main man
13,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
hey bud guess what? you dont know what your even talking about cause KTM SMR's dont say "for offroad use only":butt

Took the MSO into the tag office with proof of insurance, paid $38 bucks and walked away with a tag, thank you

very cool!!! yeah if it didn't say off road only you were set! Did they give you a title for it???

·
Convention main man
13,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Nice!!! time to terrorize the streets!

·
Convention main man
13,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
you aint lying, I cant be out on it much, it will be the lose of my license. I'm only going to use it for runs to the gym and buddies house

hahaha, I heard that. I am going to try and ride mine to work some and see how it does.

don't forget the convention. we have a few of us that will be on motard there. It is going to be a blast!!! maybe by then you will have gotten your wheels dirty, LOL.

·
1,378 Posts
hahaha, I heard that. I am going to try and ride mine to work some and see how it does.

don't forget the convention. we have a few of us that will be on motard there. It is going to be a blast!!! maybe by then you will have gotten your wheels dirty, LOL.
haha, I actually ran the dirt section after everyone left. thats to much work on slicks, lol

·
Convention main man
13,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
haha, I actually ran the dirt section after everyone left. thats to much work on slicks, lol

I have been running it on slicks since I have been going down there. nothing like a little flattracking to better your skills! :rock

21 - 32 of 32 Posts
About this Discussion
31 Replies
7 Participants
Gawarrior
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing