Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Imperial Storm Trooper
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Would it look wierd painting the back cover of the mirrors white or should I leave it black? The whole bike is being painted white. What do u guys think

· Booya
34,924 Posts
Dunno, it's up to you. Ducati and MV do it from the factory, and there are a few companies that sell aftermarket mirrors that are painted.

· arrivederci
8,695 Posts
skunky

I say painting them white will attract the eye towards them, and who wants to highlight mirrors? Leave them black.

By far the coolest thing I have seen is the little silver headlight surrounds painted white. I can't find the pic of the guy who did that.
ida know.. i just keep thinking about cheap cars with that black abs molding strip and mirrors, sometimes even bumper covers. ugly. i would say on an ALL-WHITE bike, abs black mirrors would look ridculous imho. like really hard to not notice.....try to find some pics of some similar bikes-might help you decide.

· 18x HP literbike killer
3,787 Posts
I say painting them white will attract the eye towards them, and who wants to highlight mirrors? Leave them black.

By far the coolest thing I have seen is the little silver headlight surrounds painted white. I can't find the pic of the guy who did that.

I totally agree.....makes sense...it would actually make it look cheaper, differnt with cars.....you don't want to highlight mirrors

· Imperial Storm Trooper
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
its clean w/o the mirrors...but I need it =)

· Imperial Storm Trooper
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That looks sweeet! Do they make it all white? The cf wouldnt go with my bike

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.