Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

· Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

So after reading around I finally decided to drop the cash and get the stacks. Right now the bike has the PC5, Auto Tune, Yoshi 3/4 system, SBU flash, block off plates, graves clutch kit and springs, BMC race filter and 520 conversion -1 front. I'm going to have Valhalla Cycles at the Las Vegas Speedway get a base run before the stacks and then after the stacks and tune. I think the last dyno this bike had was with just the PC5 and Exhaust and it did 149. That was also on a different dyno. So anybody care to guess the numbers after the stacks?

· kickin' at the darkness
10,318 Posts
:corn

· me r1 to eats P***y
3,527 Posts
your flash has to be updated with new lifting point to get the most out of the stacks

two different dyno's and not doing back to back runs make the gains impossible to assess. why not do a run before you started installing them???

· Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
your flash has to be updated with new lifting point to get the most out of the stacks

two different dyno's and not doing back to back runs make the gains impossible to assess. why not do a run before you started installing them???
Yeah I know that the lifting points have to be adjusted and will double check that they are able to do it when they do the tune. Which I'mm sure they can. I already said it would be dyno'd before and after in the initial post. This dyno will be the only one used from this point on for consistency reasons. Hopefully during the winter I can get the Cams installed also.

· Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Got my riding boots and the Velocity stacks in today. So as long as the weather holds up, I will be taking the bike tomorrow to get the baseline before installing the stacks.

· Δt → 0 ⇒ v̅ → |v̅
897 Posts
:corn

· 14k+ posts and not one helpful
14,358 Posts
Noice! :corn

· Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Okay so I just got back from getting the bike dyno'd. I'm a bit skeptical about these numbers cause the dyno spit out 3 different numbers on the 3 pulls they did. Also this dude didn't do Torque or a curve so its just max power numbers. Then he told me that in order to change the graves stacks lift I had to add spacers.I'm wondering if I should go elsewhere before installing the stacks and get another dyno done.

· me r1 to eats P***y
3,527 Posts
Okay so I just got back from getting the bike dyno'd. I'm a bit skeptical about these numbers cause the dyno spit out 3 different numbers on the 3 pulls they did. Also this dude didn't do Torque or a curve so its just max power numbers. Then he told me that in order to change the graves stacks lift I had to add spacers.I'm wondering if I should go elsewhere before installing the stacks and get another dyno done.
so how different are the three runs, a couple horsepower is pretty typical,

· Ditch Digger
393 Posts
Stack lift is controlled via ECU and can be modified via a flash. Adding a spacer won't do anything to change what RPM the stack transition happens.

I'd either find another tuner or talk to some of the guys on here to learn more about ECU flashing options.

· Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Dyno sheet from the first shop

Dyno sheet from the second shop. Which is also the very first place I ever had the bike dyno'd.

Picture of the guy at the second shop with it on the dyno

· Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Stack lift is controlled via ECU and can be modified via a flash. Adding a spacer won't do anything to change what RPM the stack transition happens.

I'd either find another tuner or talk to some of the guys on here to learn more about ECU flashing options.
Yep I know its controlled by the ECU but apparently they didn't. Which is why I think I'm just going to have to send my ECU back to SBU to get reflashed. The only thing with that is where they set it may not be the optimum lift point and they wouldn't know unless they had the bike on their dyno

· me r1 to eats P***y
3,527 Posts
153, 162 and 155
this should show as a perminant example of how meaningles dyno numbers can be

deff go someplace else.

I could forgive them for not knowing how to adjust the raise point of the stacks but giving an incorrect way to do it tells me they wont admit when they do not know something.

I thought graves gave a recomended raise point with the stacks??

· Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I love how shops or random people try to tell me something about MY bike that isn't true. Thinking they now everything. :shake

Always happens.
Funny thing is I just called the first shop and told them I needed a dyno chart showing the graphs and torque to help determine Stack lift points. Dude tried to argue me down that you can do it with the power commander LMAO!!!. Im done but not until they re run my bike on their dyno tomorrow morning for free

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.