Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
No Fear...
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone recommend some kind of wax or paste that will rid me of some scratches or swirls I made on my tank? I can back from a hard ride and a wiped my tank a little, but I thinking with the heat of the tank and my towel was a recipe for a scratch. I have used the same towel (detail towel) on my bike with no problems before while the bike was cold. Does anyone know of a clear-coat applier or aid that can restore my tank?

·
Hey ASSHOLE I am 911
712 Posts
nothing a good buffjob wont remove...check a detail shop near you!

·
Hey ASSHOLE I am 911
712 Posts
meguiars is a filler...you need a light abrasive"Rubbing compound" and a machine...You cannot remove swirls by hand...anything that removes swirls by hand is a fller and is covering them...it willl wash away and reveal the swirls once again...like I said a good detail shop will do it for you...I planon taking my tank and tail section to my buddies shop this winter to have him remove swirlsand light scratches from my mesh riding coat....

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
BadIntentions said:
meguiars is a filler...you need a light abrasive"Rubbing compound" and a machine...You cannot remove swirls by hand...anything that removes swirls by hand is a fller and is covering them...it willl wash away and reveal the swirls once again...like I said a good detail shop will do it for you...I planon taking my tank and tail section to my buddies shop this winter to have him remove swirlsand light scratches from my mesh riding coat....
you'll need a cleaner wax..ie has abrasives. Do not startwith harsh types 1st. 3 M makes finesse it. this is a good buffing compund.you will find it where they sell automotive paint. Contains no silicones or wax. follow up with your favorite wax of choice. I would heed when I say put a layer of mother's pure carnuba wax on the tank crotch area to prevent future mishaps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts