Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Go in deeper come out faster
6,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to ask you guys the biggest noticable improvement with going with galfers wave rotors over stock

I have HH+ full metallic pads on her right now and they grip extremely hard with little fade. The rotors however have seen better days....they squeek like hell and are starting to get a minor warp I can feel at higher speeds and hard breaking. Hopefully after the rotors I'll be able to finish off the suspension with a new ohlins rear.

I'm planning on throwing on a set here this winter and hope to find a set out of the for sale section for an 04 that have decent amount of life left in them this winter... I just wanted to hear everyones opinion on them... I have searched and done quite a bit of reading also.

Thanks a bunch fellas..always appreciate it.
:snorkel

·
RDNHRD
1,113 Posts
I picked up a set of the Galfer Wave Rotors for my 04 after I warped or bent one however it was down. Noticed it when I was braking hard at the end of the back straight at Mid-Ohio. Nothing like the front shuttering braking from 165mph. Then the pads started to fade.

I've got no issues now with the Galfers. I also take the 10 extra minutes to take the rotors off when I am changing the tires.

Are they worth $500+, it all depends on your wallet size.

·
Forum Moderator
32,430 Posts
I love them on my ZX-10! I did notice that the EBC HH pads worked better for me than the Galfer pads. Might be just me but they seem to bite better.

·
Thread Killer
1,866 Posts
I have galfer HH pads and braking wave rotors, to me, I didn't really notice that big a difference. Then again, I'm not as informed as a lot of these guys. :dunno I say do what makes you happy. Especially if your rotors are warped.

·
18x HP literbike killer
3,774 Posts
strictly for looks, if 650 looks good to you, go for it...I had them on my 06 gixxer 1000 front and back, the looked great, but felt NO difference....SS lines, a new MC, and pads will be the biggest improvement, the R1 really doesn't need the master cylinder changed, brakes are the best stock out of the 4 liter bikes right now...and for the past few years...but I would rather do that then wave rotors again...

·
Super Moderator
21,735 Posts
I've had them on my '06 R6 for nearly two years. I'm also running HH pads. To be honest I really can't tell much of a difference vs the stock ones. Of course, it does look 10X better though.

·
Go in deeper come out faster
6,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well I'll see if I can find some new stockers for cheap...or get lucky on a set of galfers

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.