Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
//Low-Life\\
24,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am about to blow a fuse! Done put a grand down, got her financed at 3.9 with yamaha got my new suomy Gobert replica got my new yamaha jacket, yamaha stand but still no [email protected] bike! Is anyone else feel the same? All i can do at night is stay here at the forum read about everyone else talk about there new bike and just drink :beer until the words just all run together!

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
I had my helmet for a week before I got my new R1. People always stared when they saw me with my helmet and gloves on in my truck. They would usually move out of my way though!

·
Faster than a Speeding Bullet
401 Posts
Ever put on all your gear and get in your car on go somewhere?

I did that to work one day, everyone got a huge laugh.

·
//Low-Life\\
24,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Since we got on this subject ill start with a pic lets see who else takes pics of themselves to see how we will look on our bike if they ever get here. :beer makes me do strange things!

Attachments

·
Faster than a Speeding Bullet
401 Posts
I don't want to make you jealous and post a pic of me ACTUALLY on my 04 R1.:cool:

Oh, and by the way, you forgot to put on your helmet. Cause without that you can't go anywhere.:lol

·
Registered
296 Posts
All day, I cant stop!!! She isnt supposed to be here for another 3 weeks. I cant stop, someone help me, please help me, I cant stop reading and looking and reading, help me

·
r1 noob
110 Posts
thats a nice jacket. is that the one off the yamaha site? just wondering where you got it how much... thanks!

·
Where did I leave my car?
152 Posts
Wheatman said:
Since we got on this subject ill start with a pic lets see who else takes pics of themselves to see how we will look on our bike if they ever get here. :beer makes me do strange things!
hahahaha.... yep.. I could picture myself doing that too.

I must say that when I bought my 03 R1 (in December 02) picking it up from the dealer was the best "consumer" experience I have ever had in my 30 years on this planet. I remember thinking to myself as I was crusing down the freeway 10 minutes later "can it get any better than this".

·
Registered
357 Posts
I was in the same boat as you guys. Been reading, been looking, been waiting. Course I have some other bikes to keep me company.

Got the notice today! "Your bike is here." I need to call tomorrow morning but I'm expecting to pick it up also. I'll have a nice 70mile ride back (on mostly freeways) to get the RED 04 R1 home (ahead of the approaching storm). I'm in Southern CA by the way. :)

Will post some pics afterwards (see if they match my paint shop pro pic I pasted up earlier).

Remember if u see a guy riding home wearing a blue/black kevlar suit, on a RED R1, that's me. Honk, I'll either wave or flip u off. :)

Tarl

·
Banned
9,570 Posts
Wheatman said:
I am about to blow a fuse! Done put a grand down, got her financed at 3.9 with yamaha got my new suomy Gobert replica got my new yamaha jacket, yamaha stand but still no [email protected] bike! Is anyone else feel the same? All i can do at night is stay here at the forum read about everyone else talk about there new bike and just drink :beer until the words just all run together!
Check this thread out: http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=71059&highlight=missing

I'm still waiting, patiently.

·
Having dreams of my 04 R1
81 Posts
I wish it was me that got your silver one. just kidding. I know how it feels to have to wait. hopefully you will get yours soon.

·
Beeeeeer!
9,540 Posts
at least your getting a new bike.

Think about all those poor bastiges that still have to ride Honda's and Suzuki's.

:lol

·
Banned
9,570 Posts
1 RUNNER said:
new bike or old bike better than no bike.
Yep, and always remember this: "It's not what you ride, but that you ride!" I always have to recite this phrase to the harley riders that I instruct in my MSF classes.:riding

·
SpidermanSS killer.
1,261 Posts
I dont know about you guys but I can out on all my gear without acting like a huge retard. Its like putting on a costume..I put on my gear and while my bike warms up I seem to walk up behind someones car and start humping it just so every gets a laugh. I used to cruise the local drag with my full gear on in my mustang, the cops finally made me take off my helmet they said they couldnt see my face so it wasnt legal..LOL

·
SpidermanSS killer.
1,261 Posts
1 RUNNER said:
hey venomoussvt, you are killing me.

I didn't know cops have to see your face in the car for it to be legal.
There really isnt much of a law for that...but the loop hole for them to bitch about it is they couldnt see your face to see if you appeared to be intoxicated. There isnt a law that states no helmets in the car but they just use the loophole.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts