Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

· Super Squidly
Joined
·
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am pretty sure I am going to do the tank and all the fairings in one color. The guy is going to use any paint I want from House of Kolor.

I am thinking of a super dark silver, almost a gunmetal type color. Or possibly a blue. Whatever I do, it is going to be heavily flecked and glossy.

I have seen pictures of custom paint jobs, but I don't want to do anything with graphics, just one, maybe two colors.

Any ideas or pics greatly appreciated
 

· what could possibly go wrong
Joined
·
2,255 Posts
I have a friend that owns a body shop and 95% of the time uses HOK mostly candy colors. The only problem with custom paints (candies and pearls) is if you damage one part and have to replace a fairing the whole bike has to be repainted because you can never match the same color again.
Just something to think about.
 

· THAT'S WIERD!!
Joined
·
387 Posts
mgraham224 said:
I am pretty sure I am going to do the tank and all the fairings in one color. The guy is going to use any paint I want from House of Kolor.

I am thinking of a super dark silver, almost a gunmetal type color. Or possibly a blue. Whatever I do, it is going to be heavily flecked and glossy.

I have seen pictures of custom paint jobs, but I don't want to do anything with graphics, just one, maybe two colors.


Call Color Zone Designs 714-892-9176 or check out there all new website at www.colorzonedesigns.com
 

· we meat again
Joined
·
18,556 Posts
mgraham224,

I guess you like dark colors, right? This is one of the member's bike, and I think this is one of the nicest "dark" color R1s I've seen so far... :yesnod Actually it's one of the nicest R1s I've seen.
 

Attachments

· THEY CALLED ME SWEETNESS!!!!!!
Joined
·
6,640 Posts
valerossi said:
mgraham224,

I guess you like dark colors, right? This is one of the member's bike, and I think this is one of the nicest "dark" color R1s I've seen so far... :yesnod Actually it's one of the nicest R1s I've seen.
yeah, that R1 has always been one of my favorites. Too bad it's in pieces...:(
 

· we meat again
Joined
·
18,556 Posts
R1 STUD said:
Hey Valerossi, is there any more pic's of the nice "dark" R1. 1 of the rear would be sexy :)
Sorry I don't have. It wasn't easy to find that picture too. I know they are somewhere in the forum, but too many pictures here, plus I forget the username of this member... :(



R1Fanatic said:
yeah, that R1 has always been one of my favorites. Too bad it's in pieces...:(
Really? That's really sucks! :(

Btw, do you remember who bike was it?
 

· THEY CALLED ME SWEETNESS!!!!!!
Joined
·
6,640 Posts



Really? That's really sucks! :(

Btw, do you remember who bike was it?
This bike was owned by an old school member by the name of SEM! I remember it because it was the best looking R1 at the time, IMO.
If I remember correctly, a car hit him from behind and the bike was totaled.
 

Attachments

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top