Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Super Squidly
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am pretty sure I am going to do the tank and all the fairings in one color. The guy is going to use any paint I want from House of Kolor.

I am thinking of a super dark silver, almost a gunmetal type color. Or possibly a blue. Whatever I do, it is going to be heavily flecked and glossy.

I have seen pictures of custom paint jobs, but I don't want to do anything with graphics, just one, maybe two colors.

Any ideas or pics greatly appreciated

·
Mars: Here we go!
3,002 Posts
hey men
where you do the exaust job?

·
Premium Member
434 Posts
I was just getting ready to post a topic saying the same thing I am going to paint mine blue and want it really shiny also.... anybody have any idea what it will cost I havent really looked into it much yet :)

·
what could possibly go wrong
2,241 Posts
I have a friend that owns a body shop and 95% of the time uses HOK mostly candy colors. The only problem with custom paints (candies and pearls) is if you damage one part and have to replace a fairing the whole bike has to be repainted because you can never match the same color again.
Just something to think about.

·
THAT'S WIERD!!
387 Posts
mgraham224 said:
I am pretty sure I am going to do the tank and all the fairings in one color. The guy is going to use any paint I want from House of Kolor.

I am thinking of a super dark silver, almost a gunmetal type color. Or possibly a blue. Whatever I do, it is going to be heavily flecked and glossy.

I have seen pictures of custom paint jobs, but I don't want to do anything with graphics, just one, maybe two colors.

Call Color Zone Designs 714-892-9176 or check out there all new website at www.colorzonedesigns.com

·
we meat again
18,563 Posts
mgraham224,

I guess you like dark colors, right? This is one of the member's bike, and I think this is one of the nicest "dark" color R1s I've seen so far... :yesnod Actually it's one of the nicest R1s I've seen.

Attachments

·
MY GIX ATE ME.
35 Posts
All black color scheme

Here's one of the new r1's that I customized in photoshop. It's what i'd do if I decide to get one.

·
THEY CALLED ME SWEETNESS!!!!!!
6,538 Posts
valerossi said:
mgraham224,

I guess you like dark colors, right? This is one of the member's bike, and I think this is one of the nicest "dark" color R1s I've seen so far... :yesnod Actually it's one of the nicest R1s I've seen.
yeah, that R1 has always been one of my favorites. Too bad it's in pieces...:(

·
Mike
1,167 Posts
This pic here is what Im gonna do to mine if I can come up with the 1800 for a set of PVM's.

I think this is just sick looking, makes me happy to keep my 03.:rock

·
we meat again
18,563 Posts
R1 STUD said:
Hey Valerossi, is there any more pic's of the nice "dark" R1. 1 of the rear would be sexy :)
Sorry I don't have. It wasn't easy to find that picture too. I know they are somewhere in the forum, but too many pictures here, plus I forget the username of this member... :(

R1Fanatic said:
yeah, that R1 has always been one of my favorites. Too bad it's in pieces...:(
Really? That's really sucks! :(

Btw, do you remember who bike was it?

·
THEY CALLED ME SWEETNESS!!!!!!
6,538 Posts

Really? That's really sucks! :(

Btw, do you remember who bike was it?
This bike was owned by an old school member by the name of SEM! I remember it because it was the best looking R1 at the time, IMO.
If I remember correctly, a car hit him from behind and the bike was totaled.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 38 Posts