Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Go Boilers!!
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Talking to a local dealer yesterday, I was offered $4700 and trade ('02 silver, 6000 miles) out the door for a red '04 due to arrive in April? Good Deal, or crappy deal?

·
"IM BACCCCK"
5,542 Posts
crap

·
Off Topic mod
11,217 Posts
How much are they giving you for the drade in and how much are you paying for the 04?

·
Go Boilers!!
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They say sticker for the '04, no freight or setup, 6% sales tax. Based on that, roughly 7 for my bike. Or they knocked off some money, and are giving me 6 for it.

·
"Gort-Klaatu barada nikto!"
3,197 Posts
PurdueR1 said:
Talking to a local dealer yesterday, I was offered $4700 and trade ('02 silver, 6000 miles) out the door for a red '04 due to arrive in April? Good Deal, or crappy deal?
Well considering I'm getting $7200 for my '02, not so good, but I only have 2000 mi on it! Looks show room!

·
Banned
163 Posts
lets see a pic of your 02 and i will give you 5400 if its in showroom condition. its better than the dealers offer

·
Horatio Balsac
317 Posts
sell it yourself, then call lakehill motors in MS or procycle in MO. Procycle will sell it to you for around 9000, and ship for 250.00. Or since you live in Indiana, you could take a road trip and pick it up when it comes in.

·
Registered
260 Posts
So Procycle in Columbia Mo has good pricing on 04 R-1's? Sounds like they're a large dealer but $9000.00 for a new r-1 seems too low.

Korn

·
Go Boilers!!
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i like the easy route, I put it on hold, I can back out whenever I want to. It's a mixed bag in some respects, sell yourself, make more on the bike, on the trade you save on taxes. I don't know, I have until April to decide, I'm going to talk to the dealer I bought my '02 from, they gave me a good deal on that in '02. I have some extra fairings and a tank for sale for an '02 or '03 if anyone is interested. My bike is in good condition, but the tranny is kind of starting to crap out on itl.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts