Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
R-Neo
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey im lookin to get some new riding gloves.. any good reviews sites or personal reviews? also leather jacket with pants...i like the joe rocket but it seems really short on me and in order for the length to be right i need to go up in size wich is no good for me...6 feet and only 150 :blush any sugestions or links would be great! thanks..

·
mmmm. excellent.
1,325 Posts
quickshifterGTS said:
hey im lookin to get some new riding gloves.. any good reviews sites or personal reviews? also leather jacket with pants...i like the joe rocket but it seems really short on me and in order for the length to be right i need to go up in size wich is no good for me...6 feet and only 150 :blush any sugestions or links would be great! thanks..
I know they're not the sexiest name in motorsports apparel, but you should find a pair of TourMaster Roadrace Comp Carbon and try 'em out. My pair are the best gloves I've had for 68 degree and above temps.

The leather is so supple and comfortable when broken in that even though they're less than 70 bucks, you'll make sure and lock 'em up. They've got the long gauntlet style you want.

The Cortech Comp Carbon II should be an updated version of these excellent gloves.

No way a joe blow or alpinestars glove will compete with this glove at this price. YMMV, though

Attachments

·
mmmm. excellent.
1,325 Posts
older tourmaster version (ones I have)

Attachments

·
R-Neo
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah thoes Cortechs look nice for 89...i dunno if i like how long the cuffs are..but its more saftey/performance then anything so im prolly goin for thoes, thanks!

·
mmmm. excellent.
1,325 Posts
quickshifterGTS said:
yeah thoes Cortechs look nice for 89...i dunno if i like how long the cuffs are..but its more saftey/performance then anything so im prolly goin for thoes, thanks!
The TourMaster Comp Carbon is perforated between the fingers, which is really nice. Looks like the Cortech examples are as well. The more I look at the Cortech the more I like it. I think I'll get a pair to see if they're even better than my TourMasters.

http://www.motorhelmets.com/htm1/apparel-street-gloves-cortech-table.htm

·
R-Neo
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah thats the same site i was lookin at them...any sugestions on a 2 piece suit or jacket? also how are the gloves sized i fit perfect into the joe rocket larges that i tried on...thanks

·
mmmm. excellent.
1,325 Posts
quickshifterGTS said:
yeah thats the same site i was lookin at them...any sugestions on a 2 piece suit or jacket? also how are the gloves sized i fit perfect into the joe rocket larges that i tried on...thanks
Large Gericke = Large Held = Large TourMaster has been my experience.

Order the Large Cortech's and see what happens. Ask about teh return policy...

Frankly, I'd look at the Cortech jackets and pants, too. Excellent prices and I've had nothing but good luck with the TourMaster quality.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts