Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Drinking Colt 45's with Lando
Joined
·
6,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any body know where to find em? Is there an internet source or anything? for buying 04 R1's of course
 

·
Drinking Colt 45's with Lando
Joined
·
6,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Re: Good loan rates?

r1-superstar said:
Yamaha...............
What is yamaha's rate? I couldnt find it on the yamaha site, and I don't want to mess with that credit card
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
9,570 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Good loan rates?

Jeff said:
What is yamaha's rate? I couldnt find it on the yamaha site, and I don't want to mess with that credit card
Why not? 3.9% for 24 months. Then it goes up to 17%. Refinance before that or pay it off.
 

·
Anyone see a Honda I'm hungry
Joined
·
748 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Good loan rates?

r1-superstar said:
Why not? 3.9% for 24 months. Then it goes up to 17%. Refinance before that or pay it off.
Generally Credit Card finance charges are calculated different than your normal bank loans . sometimes you can get Dicked even with what sounds like a low rate . When I pickmy R1 up Saturday I will look at the Yamaha 3.9% plan and find out what the total cost of the bike will be after financing to see if it is OK . If not I will just use Peoplefirst.com to pay it off the next week .
 

·
Broke OUTTA Jail
Joined
·
5,069 Posts
I WOULD SUGGEST LOOKING AT YOUR LOCAL CREDIT UNION....THEY GAVE ME 4.9% FOR 48 MOS ON MY R1...THATS A REALLY LOW RATE FOR A BIKE FOR THAT TERM...AND YES CREDIT CARD IS REVOLVING INTEREST VERSUS A NORMAL LOAN WHICH IS SIMPLE INTEREST SO YAMAHAS SPECIAL IS NOT THAT BAD OF AN IDEA AS LONG AS YOU PAY IT OFF IN THE TERM THAT THE 3.9% IS GOOD FOR. OTHERWISE DON'T DO IT BECAUSE IF YOU DON'T PAY IT OFF IN THE SPECIAL RATE TERM YOU WILL END UP PAYING A SH#&LOAD OF INTEREST
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
9,570 Posts
WONDER140 said:
I WOULD SUGGEST LOOKING AT YOUR LOCAL CREDIT UNION....THEY GAVE ME 4.9% FOR 48 MOS ON MY R1...THATS A REALLY LOW RATE FOR A BIKE FOR THAT TERM...AND YES CREDIT CARD IS REVOLVING INTEREST VERSUS A NORMAL LOAN WHICH IS SIMPLE INTEREST SO YAMAHAS SPECIAL IS NOT THAT BAD OF AN IDEA AS LONG AS YOU PAY IT OFF IN THE TERM THAT THE 3.9% IS GOOD FOR. OTHERWISE DON'T DO IT BECAUSE IF YOU DON'T PAY IT OFF IN THE SPECIAL RATE TERM YOU WILL END UP PAYING A SH#&LOAD OF INTEREST
caps off please...............:hellobye
 

·
2003 R1 Wadder, thnx Chevy S10
Joined
·
467 Posts
When I got my 03 R1 I ended up with 9.9%. It was going to be 14.9% through one bank and was going to be 12% through the bank I got it for 9.9 (they said my credit was good and gave me a interest break)

Yeah I got shafted on the loan.
 

·
Bone Stock....for now....
Joined
·
460 Posts
I was approved and used the Yamaha card for my '03 last May and as stated by R1 took them up on the 3.9% until Jan. 2005. Then: I transferred entire balance to my Capital One card on a special transfer rate of 3.9% good for the life of the balance transfer.....One hell of a deal IMO. Did the same thing with my car a few years earlier and had it paid off in no time. Might be an option for you if ya can get a high enough credit limit on the Capital One card or a card similiar though I have found Cap. 1 to be the best for this this type of transaction. No "funny" business with Cap. One either like the "2cycle billing period" alot of card have written in fine print.....

I know alot of people hate using "plastic" but can be a tremendous advantage under certain circumstances.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,218 Posts
Just an FYI in case some don't know:
Capital One bought PeopleFirst.

They're pretty much giving the best available rates. You can do better with special orgs like AAA, and Credit Unions, but Capital One/PeopleFirst is a safe bet too.

If you have above 720 credit score, you can get the best rates at any bank.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
21,669 Posts
extremeR1der said:
Just an FYI in case some don't know:
Capital One bought PeopleFirst.

but Capital One/PeopleFirst is a safe bet too.
I agree. :iamwithst I'm on my second bike with them. At least
check them out. Great rates with automatic payments. They are
on the line and will not take you for a ride. Very easy to get the
loan after you qualifiy. Plus, your check is sent out fast to you.
 

·
Drinking Colt 45's with Lando
Joined
·
6,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Okay, my local credit uniion is giving me 5.5 for 60 months. I will find out if I get approval today.
 

·
Do I really need a title
Joined
·
1,034 Posts
My bank was going to give me 4.9% for 60 mths.
 

·
Drinking Colt 45's with Lando
Joined
·
6,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Puppypushr said:
My bank was going to give me 4.9% for 60 mths.
Nice, I did reject the auto account debit thing. That saves a little on percentage.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top