Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search on Kneedraggers for winter gloves and came up with like 12 pages of results, wow! So many gloves and all different price ranges. I know if I buy cheap, then they will probably not keep my hands as warm as a more expensive pair. But which pair?

What kind of gloves do you guys recemend for use during the colder months? I'm gonna be moving to a colder climate that Arizona, and the bike will be my only means of transportation for a while, so I'm gonna need some good winter gloves.

Which ones do you use?

·
INVICTUS
14,881 Posts
Almost any winter glove you buy is gonna have limitations unless you buy a set of electric gloves. It may seem odd that you're hearing this from a Floridian but , I ride every day whether it's hot , cold , rain or shine. This morning it was 39 degree's out with a good bit of wind on my way to work. I've found that most cold weather gloves are damned near the same and the dividing line is then length of time they're able to keep the feeling in your fingers. A way to put a stop to all that is the really important part and that's a good pair of glove liners. I have 3 liners. The first set is Under armour cold gear glove liners and I wore them today. They're for when it's cold but not all that bad. Then I have generic propylene liners which are great when it's a bit colder and for stupid cold days ( for me that's when it's just a bit more cold than today ) I wear micro fleece liners and that's all she wrote. All of my winter gloves have a moisture shield but when it's rainy and cold I just slip a pair of surgical gloves over my liners and then put the gloves on. I also have a pair of gloves I bought a size larger that I wear a pair of military nomex flight gloves underneath and those are down right toasty.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I did a search on Kneedraggers for winter gloves and came up with like 12 pages of results, wow! So many gloves and all different price ranges. I know if I buy cheap, then they will probably not keep my hands as warm as a more expensive pair. But which pair?

What kind of gloves do you guys recemend for use during the colder months? I'm gonna be moving to a colder climate that Arizona, and the bike will be my only means of transportation for a while, so I'm gonna need some good winter gloves.

Which ones do you use?

I PICKED UP A NICE SET OF DIANESE W/ A LITTLE CARBON FIBER ON THE KNUCKLES FOR 125.00 @ CYCLE GEAR HERE IN AZ .THERES SOME EXELLENT HEAT REFLECTIVE MICRO THIN LINERS THAT WILL WORK PERFECT IF YOU SEE
MORE EXTREME TEMPS .THE GLOVES ARE LONG BLACK AND CARBON BUT NOT SURE OF THE EXACT MODEL.

:fork

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all the great info! I'll have to look into the different liners availible. I'll be moving from Phoenix so this is my first time looking into all the cold weather gear. I won't be moving until October 08' after my tour here in South Korea. I already have my car up for sale and we're just taking my wife's truck and the bike, which will me my daily for a while so I definatly need to start preparing now!

Thanks!

·
Registered
539 Posts
Being a rider in Wisconsin I know all about winter riding. I'll ride without thinking twice in weather as low as 30?F. I swear using all Alpinestars gear but unfortunately they don't have anything for cold weather.

When it gets below 40F I use these for my 76 mile commute:

http://www.newenough.com/gloves/ins...ur_master/winter_elite_motorcycle_gloves.html

Good glove for the price and they actually do keep you warm. An added plus if you're not a fair weather rider is that it also has a waterproof cover for each glove that zips out. That also helps keep the cold wind bite off of your hands.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.