Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Dept. of Redundancy Dept.
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a post about a fair price for a R-1 and I just got mine about 10 days ago. Its a new 05 R1 Raven.
The dealer claimed there are almost none left in So.CAL and they had to go up north to get it, and trade 2 R6s for it with another dealer.

Anyway, after about 5 hours there I got this deal.
Out the door price
plus a Alipine Stars jacket
plus the 5yr warranty (for $350)
Total for all: $13,500

Keep in mind, this is the LE.
One of the sales guys told me he hasn't seen a new one go that cheap, from there store anyway.

They had a crate damaged R-1 in the back they would let go for $11,500 OTD. I didn't want that jinx.

Fair price overall?

·
Horatio Balsac
317 Posts
yep, you can get them for 10 OTD all day here in the midwest. Buddy just bought a Raven for 9800. I actually found my 04 r1 for 9000 OTD. Just bought a 2005 Honda Repsol for 9250.00 It must suck living on the coast.

In the end though it is a great bike and as long as your happy with it, then you got a good deal.

·
Administrator
24,868 Posts
You were just TAKEN! Bent over! Scammed! LEs don't come out until 06.

You paid $13.5K for a $10K motorcycle. :fact

·
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry, my bad. Thought the raven was considered LE. I would've considered buying an out of state bike if I knew it was that much cheaper but it has to be a Calif model or it can't be legally licensed.

Guess we pay the higher prices for year round riding (weather)...unlike you midwest and eastern folks.

I'm just N of San Diego.

·
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They traded 2 R6s for 1 'Raven' R1.
They had about 4 red ones and 3 blue ones in stock...out the door price on those was about $10,500. But out here the black is what sells I guess. They can get an extra $2k for the raven. Go figure.

·
I rocked in Iraq
889 Posts
So who knows the cheapest place to get a real 2006 LE? I want one so bad I can taste it but dealers just want to bend everyone over.

·
DAMN YOU SHANE
14,328 Posts
sharknose said:
Take what a "dealer" says with a grain of salt.My dealer said each dealership would get 1 and -they- would get 1.
sorry to say that isnt right there is more then 500 dealers in teh usa. some dealers are gettin two depends on location and quanity of bikes sold

1 - 14 of 14 Posts