Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
THEONEGTIVR6
1,329 Posts
I plan on trying out the vesrah. I’m not sure which yet but I hear their RJL are better than stock. Plus they have others that are even better for racing.

·
CCS #16
159 Posts
Note: my response is geared more toward track use.

I've tried a lot of different pads. SBS, Vesrah, PFC, EBC, Brembo... Sintered, carbon... At the end of the day, it's all about feel and preference. Do you like a strong initial bite, do you like linear vs progressive, etc. Experiment with a few and find what what you like.

My pad of choice currently is the SBS Dual Sintered race pad (634DS-1 for the 15+ R1). Very good stopping power and consistency. I really like the feel - perfectly linear (the more you squeeze, the more braking power). Not cheap, but they last me a few race weekends, which is quite impressive. They are good until the last drop, i.e. no fading as you wear through the pad.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Yes, there is no perfect pad. First question is street only, street and track, or track only?

I really like the Brembo SC for street use. They are the only pads I've liked enough to buy a 2nd set.

·
I FEEL THE NEED...FOR SPEED.
205 Posts
In search for pads to(road use), My mechanic opinion is to use only the oem yamaha pads, because the aftermarket pads with lower price than the oem will eventually reduce the life spam of the disk brakes. Is this correct or shall I change mechanic? :p

·
Klaus Von Slowpoke
5,763 Posts
In search for pads to(road use), My mechanic opinion is to use only the oem yamaha pads, because the aftermarket pads with lower price than the oem will eventually reduce the life spam of the disk brakes. Is this correct or shall I change mechanic? :p
Change mechanic. OEM pads are purchased in bulk and designed to be adequate. Any good quality aftermarket pad is better and if you look, you can find a pad that has the characteristics that suit the way that you ride.

·
Not an R7, next best thing!!
204 Posts
Note: my response is geared more toward track use.

I've tried a lot of different pads. SBS, Vesrah, PFC, EBC, Brembo... Sintered, carbon... At the end of the day, it's all about feel and preference. Do you like a strong initial bite, do you like linear vs progressive, etc. Experiment with a few and find what what you like.

My pad of choice currently is the SBS Dual Sintered race pad (634DS-1 for the 15+ R1). Very good stopping power and consistency. I really like the feel - perfectly linear (the more you squeeze, the more braking power). Not cheap, but they last me a few race weekends, which is quite impressive. They are good until the last drop, i.e. no fading as you wear through the pad.

Bro,

Great video but man I would have loved to hear the R1 engine...not sure anything sounds better...well okay that is an exaggeration but whatever..

·
Registered
133 Posts
Every-time I do pads I look, & look, & look, but always end up buying OEM. With that said, I justify it by telling myself i'm only ever street riding and there has never been a scenario on the street where I've wished I had a little more (08 R1).

Also, I can easily, controllable, & repetitively wag my tail going into a turn and I'm afraid I'll loose the consistency if I get something with more bite or higher performance

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
9 Participants
Onevrsix
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing