Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the time has come to say goodbye...

I'm parting with my 02 Red R1 this afternoon. She has been good to me and taken me on many advertures... with-out her, I would have never met my beautiful, and wonderfull girlfriend... or the great group of guys (including the R1 forum) that are attracted by this sport.

ohh.. I'm gonna have a moment.. here... Toalk amungsts yourselves...

Arrrrgghh!

On the positive side... I sold her well... 17000 miles, only upgrades were: K&N, Devil hi-mount, Ohlins damper. Clean.
$7900.00

and now, "excuse me, there's someone I need to get in touch with.... (barely able to speak) Myself..."

- Fat Bastard

·
Registered
105 Posts
sorry to hear that man, but look at the bright side you met your girlfriend and you rode the piss out of that bike and you still got 7900 hundred for that pretty good and a really good down payment on the 04 R1

:thumbup

·
Top Gun
2,582 Posts
yamaR1 said:
So the time has come to say goodbye...

I'm parting with my 02 Red R1 this afternoon. She has been good to me and taken me on many advertures... with-out her, I would have never met my beautiful, and wonderfull girlfriend... or the great group of guys (including the R1 forum) that are attracted by this sport.

ohh.. I'm gonna have a moment.. here... Toalk amungsts yourselves...

Arrrrgghh!

On the positive side... I sold her well... 17000 miles, only upgrades were: K&N, Devil hi-mount, Ohlins damper. Clean.
$7900.00

and now, "excuse me, there's someone I need to get in touch with.... (barely able to speak) Myself..."

- Fat Bastard

Damnnnn Bro You got $7900 for it thats very good .. i put mine for sale here in Jacksonville and it was a 02 R1 similar mods with 5000 miles and for the same price i couldnt sell it for that money .. thats good

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LOL.... I like the "rode the piss out of it expression" haa.haa..

Yes I did, but I took very good care of her also.

and yes, 7900 is an excellent price to sell an R1..hee.hee..he.hee.

as far as the 04 goes... I don't know... something about the bike I just don't dig.

I may consider a track bike maybe 6 months down the line..

·
WERA/CCS #217
5,983 Posts
I feel your paing.. but I hoping to get $7000 for mine..

And then turn right around and get a 04 for $9500OTD!

·
Arr Wun.
248 Posts
I feel your pain man, I sold my 02 last week. I felt like :cryin when i saw it goin down the road in the back of the buyers pickup. Yea well, its like someone else said, once i get out on the 04 i'll forget all about it

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't know if I'll get another biek... Specially not in the summer.. I hate summer riding. Too hot here in Southern Cali..

·
Super Moderator
21,686 Posts
You did great on the sale. Sorry to loose you as a rider, but you must
do what your heart tells you. Good luck.

·
will wheelie for kids only
1,036 Posts
hey dude,

i take my hat off to you, 17K miles on that bike,

i got a 01 and got about 18K miles on it, and still loving it, and wouldnt trade it for anything, unless cash strapped....

peace

·
Registered
149 Posts
glad to hear you got such a good deal on her...even though that doesnt help out the empty space in the garage...but who knows maybe youll get something better soon. never quite ridin

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Guys :hellobye

Yeah... the guy left with my baby a couple of hours ago...

It was hard saying goodbye .. it's been a real thrill to own the R-1

Thankfully, I made the journey (17000K miles)safely.. ok, a couple of close calls but safe in the end.

Like I said, at this point I don't know if I'm going to buy another R1, I'm thinking of going to dirt for a couple of years, but I'll keep my eye out for a good track bike.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts