Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Squid'o'tron
Joined
·
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received a new OEM lower for my R1 but it doesn't have the aluminum heat shielding that is on the one I replaced. Has anyone had problems not having the shielding on there? Does anyone know where to get a similar product that I could install on my new fairing?

Thanks.
 

·
shoot first and shoot fast
Joined
·
2,933 Posts
Ive seen it at auto parts stores. I have a set of lowers on with no shielding and I havent had a problem.
 

·
Hesitation is Masterbation.
Joined
·
344 Posts
oisR1 said:
Ive seen it at auto parts stores. I have a set of lowers on with no shielding and I havent had a problem.
:iamwithst I haven't had a porblem.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,036 Posts
i didn't have any problem without heat shielding but I just "borrowed" some from work and put it on just in case....it's cheap just pick some up at a autoparts store.
 

·
Squid'o'tron
Joined
·
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies. I'll go check out Discount Autoparts tomorrow or Sunday. Just wanted some feedback before I went out for a ride.

Thanks again
 

·
Cheating death in the "D"
Joined
·
21,086 Posts
R1R00kie said:
I just received a new OEM lower for my R1 but it doesn't have the aluminum heat shielding that is on the one I replaced. Has anyone had problems not having the shielding on there? Does anyone know where to get a similar product that I could install on my new fairing? Thanks.
Some after market exhaust system link pipes/headers come pretty close to contacting the lowers, if thats your situation, I'd recomend you add some. If the link pipe/header is not in close proximity to the lowers, you probably won't have an issue.

Heat shielding doesn't come on replacement lowers, mine was minus it as well (its Yamahas way of getting you to buy seperate parts at increased expense).

Check out some discount (motocycle) parts distributors, for cut-to-fit sheets of the stuff, or do as the guys above mentioned, and hit your local auto parts stores :thumbup
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,005 Posts
go to the dealer they are only about $20 bucks for both sides.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
286 Posts
My after market exhaust has started to melt the fairing:mad: I will definately put some heat sheild when I replace it next time.
 

·
Cheating death in the "D"
Joined
·
21,086 Posts
YogiR1 said:
My after market exhaust has started to melt the fairing:mad: I will definately put some heat sheild when I replace it next time.
Post a pic of your bike, I've heard alot of good reviews of Over Racing Exhaust Systems, they're very popular in the All Japan Superbike Series :rock

Not too many people are aware of there quality or performance, I'd rate them equal to Sato Racing, those two (Over & Sato) are showing an increased presence in the inline 4 marketplace :yesnod
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
286 Posts
Here you go :thumbup
 

Attachments

·
Cheating death in the "D"
Joined
·
21,086 Posts
YogiR1 said:
Here you go :thumbup
Who makes the mirrors you have, I don't recognize them, can you post a link?

Sweet looking bike, I've always liked the lines of the Over Racing system :rock
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
286 Posts
Picked the mirrors up from a local bike shop. Don't know the make and if you can get them online but I'll try and find out.
 

·
Action figure sold separately
Joined
·
12,225 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top