Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys !

This is my first post here ,my name is Pascal and I live in Alberta, Canada .
Here is my question!
I just bought a new R1 2013 with 1100 kms ... So it's almost brand new .
I would like to know where I need to start ? I mean to change the look of it .
Right now they are some stock parts that I don't really like . Like the plastic with the two flashers in the back . It would be nice if you can tell what parts will be nice to add or to change ?

Thank you :)

· Hope is what makes us Human.
8,565 Posts

· Registered
61 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Sooo we call that a fender eliminator ! Yes this is a good start ! And what do you mean by the best fender eliminator ?
I just want to know cuz they are a lot . It includes everything that I need to replace it ? or I need to buy something else too ?

And if I'm looking for parts , everything fits between 2009-2013 ?? Am I right ?

· Registered
651 Posts
Hey guys !

This is my first post here ,my name is Pascal and I live in Alberta, Canada .
Here is my question!
I just bought a new R1 2013 with 1100 kms ... So it's almost brand new .
I would like to know where I need to start ? I mean to change the look of it .
Right now they are some stock parts that I don't really like . Like the plastic with the two flashers in the back . It would be nice if you can tell what parts will be nice to add or to change ?

Thank you :)
Hey Pascal,

Welcome to the site and congrats on the new bike.

We have a ton of good stuff for your bike. Just take a look around and let me know if you need any help at all.

http://www.sportbiketrackgear.com/

Dave

· Administrator
27,561 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Pretty much anything from a 09-14 R1 will fit. In 2012 Yamaha added traction control... so there are minor differences for that.
Thank you for the info ! :)

It's just his opinion... it's like assholes, everyone has one!
LOL , you bet ! but yeah I need to know exactly what look I want for my bike :)

Hey Pascal,

Welcome to the site and congrats on the new bike.

We have a ton of good stuff for your bike. Just take a look around and let me know if you need any help at all.

http://www.sportbiketrackgear.com/

Dave
Thank you Dave ! I'll give a look

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey guys !!

I bought some new parts for my bike (R1 2013)
But I'm still looking for more , I want to get ur ideas on this

- Full exhaust system
- License plate bracket ( just need the bracket )
- Brake/Clutch levers (looking for colors and good quality)
- I looked for stands lifts (GPI Industries) , they look really good and I really want to get them !! but they don't ship
to Canada ... Here's the link

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Yamaha-Motorcycle-Paddock-GPI-Industries/dp/B003TV36JY/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1426706914&sr=8-6&keywords=yamaha+r1+stand[/ame]

Waiting for your reply :)

· Δt → 0 ⇒ v̅ → |v̅
897 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new bike!! :thumpup I would suggest everything everyone else has and in my opinion get some new rear sets!! A bit pricey, but worth every penny for the control you get and the added height of the pegs so you never get caught catching one in a sharp turn :flex:

Congrats again man!!! :riding what color is it?

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I would suggest everything everyone else has and in my opinion get some new rear sets!!
That's a really good idea man !!! thx for this ! Do you have any good one in mind ? :icon_mrgreen:

Right now I'm a little confused , I checked everywhere for a good full exhaust system , and can't make up my mind ... first they look all pretty expensive , but Graves one looks good . But which one to take ? titanium or stainless ? full system , half or just exhaust ?

Thank you !

Here's my bike ! sorry this is my only picture I got and it's at the dealer's shop :cool:

· Δt → 0 ⇒ v̅ → |v̅
897 Posts
That's a really good idea man !!! thx for this ! Do you have any good one in mind ? :icon_mrgreen:

Right now I'm a little confused , I checked everywhere for a good full exhaust system , and can't make up my mind ... first they look all pretty expensive , but Graves one looks good . But which one to take ? titanium or stainless ? full system , half or just exhaust ?

Thank you !

Here's my bike ! sorry this is my only picture I got and it's at the dealer's shop :cool:

First off Blue bikes are faster :crash so you know and exhaust I don't think you need a full system get a 3/4. You cant go wrong with anything that isn't toce or two brothers. Pick which ever you think looks the best and you'll be happy with it. Im all about my Competition Werkes and M4 ypipe with the stock headers. Looks the best to me and sounds sick!!! For rear sets the vortex and woodcraft are the best budget buy, but if you don't mind spending the extra cash Graves, Attack, Lightech, Sato are top notch with tons of track miles on them for R&D. I have SCM Racing which I LOVE, but they aren't sold in the USA anymore so they would be hard to find. Any brand rear sets you get will be a million times better then the stock ones and give you a better riding foot position and ground clearance compared to the crappy stamped aluminum stockers. Here's some pictures of my exhaust and rear sets for you :thumbup

Attachments

· 14k+ posts and not one helpful
14,358 Posts
Majority of this forum isn't a big fan of Two Brothers. I had a Two Brothers on my 07 Gsxr (came from the dealership with it) The only complaints I have is that it was LOUD and it shot obvious flames (8-10 inches maybe). Cool factor made it awesome. The law enforcement wasn't a huge fan of it at all.

People say the build quality is low and supposedly the carbon fiber fades with time. I can't verify either... Mine never faded but I didn't own that bike very long.

Just go with what you like. Everyone here has opinions on what looks best. Make the bike yours and get what YOU like.

· Δt → 0 ⇒ v̅ → |v̅
897 Posts
What he said ^^ I don't like the two brothers because they stick to far out and cover the tail light from the side and make the bike look like a wheel barrel to me lol.. If you like it though go for it man

· Registered
1,600 Posts
my bike came with two bros. i dont plan on keeping them so that should tell you something. if you got the money, go graves full exhaust, if not 3/4. make sure you get a pcv after you switch the exhaust. flush mounts to get rid of those ugly front blinkers. asv, crg , and psr are some good brands for levers. and get yourself a db windscreen. i got the same year bike. i have tons of ideas, but its just way to much writing lol.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.