Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been riding my beloved R1 on the track for awhile. Problem is its not paid for. So im putting it back on the street and riding this new bike.

My buddy had an 06 GSXR 600 that was a salvage title bike. It has a little ding on the frame that you cant hardly see. Theres a couple of little scratches here and there on the plastic on the right side. Nothing bad.

The bracket on the subframe was bent so I went on ebay and found an entire new subframe. Should be here in 3 days.

I changed the oil out in her and she looks good. Not bad for 2500 bucks. Im going to try and get a clear title for it. After he finds the salvage title. I could probably sell this thing for 4k if I had a title.

·
I'm getting old
1,502 Posts
Nice, bring it to the track day at Jennings in Feb......

·
Forum Moderator
32,430 Posts
Congrats!

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ya i Think i will do that. Not much of a suzuki guy but what the heck.

I need to get a pipe for it. Trying to decide what im going to get.

·
Forum Moderator
32,430 Posts
Post up some pics.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Post up some pics.
Im fixing a few things on it right now. Once its all pretty I will post up some pics.

Bike is in really good shape. Cant believe he sold it to me for 2500 bucks. Motor is strong.

I cant wait to run the heck out of it at jennings.

·
Forum Moderator
32,430 Posts
Im fixing a few things on it right now. Once its all pretty I will post up some pics.

Bike is in really good shape. Cant believe he sold it to me for 2500 bucks. Motor is strong.

I cant wait to run the heck out of it at jennings.

:thumbup

·
Super Moderator
21,723 Posts
Who cares if it's a Zook... Fix that bad boy up.

·
Forum Moderator
32,430 Posts

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Got it all together. Now I need track stuff for it.

Getting New vortex rearsets
Race trim
pipe
power commander

Buddy let me borrow his tire warmers. I gotta get a set now. The confidence you gain is worth the price.

I might check into an ohlins shock later on. Bike seems to handle pretty good stock. Didnt seem like it was difficult to manuever. The stock footpegs are the only thing I didnt care for. Too slippery.

Took it out to jennings this past weekend and gave it hell. Ran superb. I could really hold the revs in the corners which was nice. Was actually going faster in the straits because I could come off the corners wide open.

Even ran well on a wet track!!! Rained first three sessions and no slippage at all.

Its a suzuki but all in all its pretty sweet. Good for the track. 2500 bucks is a lot cheaper then 12 grand if a wreck occurs.

·
Premium Member
8,457 Posts
congrats on the new track bike!

·
Forum Moderator
32,430 Posts
Got it all together. Now I need track stuff for it.

Getting New vortex rearsets
Race trim
pipe
power commander

Buddy let me borrow his tire warmers. I gotta get a set now. The confidence you gain is worth the price.

I might check into an ohlins shock later on. Bike seems to handle pretty good stock. Didnt seem like it was difficult to manuever. The stock footpegs are the only thing I didnt care for. Too slippery.

Took it out to jennings this past weekend and gave it hell. Ran superb. I could really hold the revs in the corners which was nice. Was actually going faster in the straits because I could come off the corners wide open.

Even ran well on a wet track!!! Rained first three sessions and no slippage at all.

Its a suzuki but all in all its pretty sweet. Good for the track. 2500 bucks is a lot cheaper then 12 grand if a wreck occurs.
Good to hear.... pics!!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.