Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just rode my buddies Zx10, and was impressed with it. The power is awesome, all over the place. It is a friggin wheelie machine, nothing but throttle to lift it up. I also thought it was pretty comfortable, rode it for about 60 miles. I think that would be a second bike next to the 1...............:rock

·
R190-`Tyre Fryer`
2,683 Posts
yeah i test rode the zx10 before i picked the r1 and i liked it a lot great bike to ride like you say it is the most awesome wheelie bike- incredibly smooth throttle control

and the riding position is cool as well with the bars so low and narrow

the one i rode seemed pretty darned rattly for a new bike tho and the build quality compared to the r1 was what made up my mind since its not like the r1 is crap for wheelies :/

i like the fluro orange and fluro green too, good high vis colours colours for a bike

·
My bikes keep me sane.
5,272 Posts
r1_dav3 said:

the one i rode seemed pretty darned rattly for a new bike tho and the build quality compared to the r1 was what made up my mind since its not like the r1 is crap for wheelies :/

So you're saying the R1 is crap for wheelies?

If so--I can prove you wrong. The R1 is awesome for wheelies!!!

·
Registered
411 Posts
I used to be a Kawasaki guy, but I have a little problem, I'm 6'7. :cool:

I went into my local Kaw dealer because I was shopping my Triumph Daytona and they're also the Triumph dealer. So he says,"why do you want an R1, get a ZX10, they're an R1 killer!"
So I explained how the R1 has an extra inch and a half of legroom, went home and took out a back issue of Sport Rider. One one hundreth of a second faster in the quarter at the same trap speed. Some R1 killer! I think I made the right choice. :rock

By the way, isn't the object to keep the front down?

·
ADRENALINE IS MY LIFE SUPPORT
77 Posts
I just bought a 10r and love it, you can definitely tell it's got more power than the r1. All you have to do is lean over the tank and the front will stay down. But by no means is one perticular bike better then the rest...I still love thr r1's looks...I still wanna ride thr new gsxr and compare!!!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Twas a good experience, don't really get a chance to test other bikes. I would ride any bike and be happy. The R1 is the best because "we ride it", if I rode(owned) something else, it would also be "the best".:rock Two wheels are the best.

·
No EXUP!
676 Posts
LudicrouSpeeD said:
Twas a good experience, don't really get a chance to test other bikes. I would ride any bike and be happy. The R1 is the best because "we ride it", if I rode(owned) something else, it would also be "the best".:rock Two wheels are the best.

good point! love what you ride! i've owned bikes from all the big 4 manufacturers and liked them all

1 - 9 of 9 Posts