Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well like it said I got a ticket today by a CHP on the back roads for doing ****ing 9mphover the speed limit. I was speeding so its my own damn fault, but shit there was probably 10 cars on that damn road doing the same speed. I got checked on the radar while he was driving towards me at 64mph and the speed limit is 55mph. If I was in a car he wouldnt have even turned around. I am sick of being a target because we ride bike's. NOT ALL OF US RIDE LIKE IDIOTS ON THE STREET POPPING WHEELIES IN TOWN AND SHIT, SO CUT US A BREAK COPS. I save the crazy shit for the track!!
The thing that sucks is I am going through background for the Sheriffs department soon. Just wanted to vent, sorry!:saw:

·
MAJOR SQIUD RIDER
362 Posts
That sucks I just finished Defensive driving and It F-ing sucked. I never have problems with cops on the back roads here. If you are going 9 over in a residential area you are going to get ticketed. That just blows you get a ticket where you are not expecting to.

·
The One
582 Posts
Ya we have a cop here that buged us so much that we went and talked to cap. and got him moved to a different shift. He would jump us over shit that was not ever wrong I pulled up to stop sign fliped my screen up to get some air he pulled up next to me and told me to put it down. I jump my buddy for having tag on swing arm and later told his girlfreind that if he did not have fixed the next time he seen him he was going to get a ticket. That is some of the stupid shit we had to put up with for awhile.

·
Wicked Clowns NEVER Die
150 Posts
Weezy.....from the time motorcycles where born it`s been like that, it just go`s on and on ......it will never ever end. You said it your self that knew you where go over.....ooops sorry, let it pass cuz it`s going to happen again, all of use here get tickets just because were on a bike....IT SUCKS ,but thats the way it is. Dont beleave that a speeding ticket 9 over is going to hurt your pursuit of being a police officer.....unless you have many tickets then you may have a problem. don`t give up, if the ticket is mentioned than just tell them the truth.....your going with the flow of traffic and you where the one that got pulled over and you think it was because you were on a bike....simple and if at the time you feel like you need to be more defensive tell them the name of the officer that gave you the ticket......maybe his record will show that he tickets more bikes then cars and thay`ll take that into consideration??.....just don`t worrie about a ticket being the cause you don`t have the chance to become a police officer .... criminals kill-steal-molest-rape-sell drugs to kids ect. .....you went 9 mph over the posted speed limit. I`d like to see you as a LEO speeding to save someone. Enter with a smile.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
All i have is moving violations, plus they already Job offered me last year, but I didnt accept because I couldnt afford the pay cut. But all is good now, I just have to go back through the check over again.

·
Lets Go Yankees
684 Posts
thats sucks, its probably because you were the only bike surrounded by cars so you caught his eye- i wouldnt worry about speeding tickets messing your background up. I had to go through one for the military and i have plenty of speeding tickets but they never said anything about them.

·
love my R1
2005 YZF-R1TR
2,294 Posts
thats sucks, its probably because you were the only bike surrounded by cars so you caught his eye- i wouldnt worry about speeding tickets messing your background up. I had to go through one for the military and i have plenty of speeding tickets but they never said anything about them.
Of course not man, they sent you to the desert, im sure they don't care how you drive over there lol...

·
My Wife eats me
134 Posts
Well in my experience that moving violation will definitely hurt you. over here that will disqualify you from the hiring process. And the military will not give a crap about tickets. Anything short of gangraping the judges underaged daughter, while driving 150 in a 25 zone, drunk, will be fine.

·
YOU WILL LOSE
6,623 Posts
sux dude but it happens. i got one a few weeks ago 22 over...paid my lawyer $210 no points, no insurance increase. the cop was actually pretty cool he could've given me 5 tickets but only gave me speeding and expired inspection. usually goes that way with me maybe its cuz i'm 38 or because the last two guys that pulled me over ride as well...

·
INVICTUS
14,881 Posts
Moving violations can definately affect the hiring process!!

I saw an episode of this traffic show where they ride along with cops writing tickets and I almost laughed when CHP pulled a guy over for doing 4mph over the limit. But when he actually wrote the guy a ticket for it I fell out of the chair. WTF!!! Here in Fla. 5mph over the limit the maximum penalty is a verbal warning. Even here in Orlando, even the most arsehole of my unit does'nt write for anything under 15mph over . You should pm me when you get a chance.

·
Super Moderator
21,735 Posts
I am sick of being a target because we ride bike's. NOT ALL OF US RIDE LIKE IDIOTS ON THE STREET POPPING WHEELIES IN TOWN AND SHIT, SO CUT US A BREAK COPS. :
Very true, but it's us who pay for the A hole squids the leo's can't stand.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.