Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· My pastime
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a Akra Full system for my 01 today. Anyone had any nightmares during installation that I should know about before I get started? Any advice welcome.

· R1
83 Posts
I got the full Akra system and my advice is that when you put the plastics back on, make sure that none of the pipes are touching the plastics....

I put mine on and there was a scent which I thought was the baffle just burning but what it turned out to be was that part of the header pipe was touching my lower fairing on the left side where there is a cut out and melt part of it off......

Also, its hard to reach the oil filter with an oil wrench...

Other than that, I'm happy with the performance and sound....

· 55 yea right
54 Posts
put the springs on the things that holds the headers to the motor first. it is a real tight space to try and get those springs on after you have put he bolts on tight. good luck

· 55 yea right
54 Posts
o yea dont mess with the exup!! just undo the cables and tie them to something

· Registered
203 Posts
Just finnished putting mine together last night . Pulls like mad ! You are going to love it ! The idea of putting the springs on the flanges first is good , sucks big putting them on later on the middle two . The rest is not bad at all .

Dave

· Rated R1 - Use Extreme Care!
26 Posts
Just out of curiosity...for those of you who have already purchased the Akrapovic, where did you find the pipe in stock? I have tried everywhere and everybody tells me there not even in the country yet.

Thanks in advance,

Bill

· My pastime
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Akra

I got my full system installed the other night. It was pretty easy. I rode my bike last night and I really love it. It sounds awesome and pulls hard with stock jetting. I am installin Ivan's jet kit this weekend and hope to see some serious results. I got my full race system from my local cycle shop (also a good friend) for $864 including tax.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.