Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

· She whispers to me......faster
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a friend of mine asked me how long does it take for a person to not be considered a beginner rider anymore. (I sat there dumbfounded. I think it had something to do with the massive cleavage she was showing, but i digress ).

I have been riding motorcycles since I was 15 I and really coudnt give her a straight answer. I know some people count experience in years but others in miles. I know guys that have "been riding for years" but only have logged "MAYBE 3000 miles" in that time and then theres a guy I work with that has only been riding for a year but has logged over 9,000 miles. So whats the right answer? Help me sound smart when I talk to her in a couple of days LOL :dundun:

· Premium Member
3,906 Posts
Tell her this:

The level of a rider can be measured in many ways. In some degree it's how many years one has ridden. However, one can ride for many years, but have only traveled a short distance. Thus, it would be safe to say, that a superior rider is one that uses superior judgement in order to avoid having to use superior skills.

· Aces and Eights
3,872 Posts
Tell her this:

The level of a rider can be measured in many ways. In some degree it's how many years one has ridden. However, one can ride for many years, but have only traveled a short distance. Thus, it would be safe to say, that a superior rider is one that uses superior judgement in order to avoid having to use superior skills.
Man, that was deep. Good answer.

· Memento Mori
105 Posts
How about after a dozen track days?
You're only saying that because that fits your description(you have done track days) ;)

The real answer is when a person can ride on auto-pilot. When you no longer have to think about and concentrate on all the things you do to ride. At that moment you have gone from being a beginner to an experienced rider.

Like making coffee, at 1st you are a beginner because you have to think about how to make it, is the water hot enough? etc,. But after a month of doing the same thing each morning you reach a point where you stumble out of bed in auto-pilot and you make the coffee without thinking(auto-pilot).

· Mine goes to 11
1,946 Posts
The correct answer can only be determined by examining the heft of a girls clevage.

Please post up a picture of this cleavage you gazed upon and we can wax philosophics on Rider Boobism, I mean Noobism......

11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Tell her this:

OMG bruah... that was missin everything but the "Confucious Say" i can see the look one her face now. :boobies <-----something like that

11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It was actually supposed to be somewhat sarcastic. You said you wanted to sound smart. I just made that crap up!
Im impressed! You are my new hero man lol. Im gonna have to memorize that and tell it to her when I see her. She just got work done and shes all excited about it so a pic wouldnt be hard to get at all.:sneaky

· Banned
11,225 Posts
You're only saying that because that fits your description(you have done track days) ;)

The real answer is when a person can ride on auto-pilot. When you no longer have to think about and concentrate on all the things you do to ride. At that moment you have gone from being a beginner to an experienced rider.

Like making coffee, at 1st you are a beginner because you have to think about how to make it, is the water hot enough? etc,. But after a month of doing the same thing each morning you reach a point where you stumble out of bed in auto-pilot and you make the coffee without thinking(auto-pilot).
:stpd:

· Registered
142 Posts
Yea well I think that when your on a bike and your on "auto pilot" something bad is about to happen!!!! I haven't got all that many miles or years....but I do know you should always be thinking about what's going on around you while your riding....just my .02

· Ghostrider Squadron XO
6,349 Posts
Not trying to be rude but I don't think you ever ride on auto-pilot. This ain't your daily driver heading to work in rush hour. If you mean react to emergencies without target fixation or stiffening up, then yes. But not turn off and let any of your situational awareness go. Not on a bike.

· Ghostrider Squadron XO
6,349 Posts
Im impressed! You are my new hero man lol. Im gonna have to memorize that and tell it to her when I see her. She just got work done and shes all excited about it so a pic wouldnt be hard to get at all.:sneaky
Good then we'll expect a pic in NWS group soon. Monday I'm buying something from shane and getting you banned if there's no pic!

· Premium Member
47,477 Posts
Yea well I think that when your on a bike and your on "auto pilot" something bad is about to happen!!!! I haven't got all that many miles or years....but I do know you should always be thinking about what's going on around you while your riding....just my .02

I don't think that's what he means. I think by "auto pilot" he means that when you can ride your bike AND be aware of what's going on around you, be able to shift, clutch, brake, steer, lean, etc....without having to consciously command yourself to do it, or be timid of doing it, THEN you're no longer a beginner.

· Turn #8 Got Me
1,046 Posts
Tell her you've only wrecked twice, but never with a girl on the back, and if you've got a stunt cage on your bike drop it in front of her "on accident". Got a buddy that used to do that at every gas station.....funny stuff.
That will win her confidence.:crash

· Memento Mori
105 Posts
I don't think that's what he means. I think by "auto pilot" he means that when you can ride your bike AND be aware of what's going on around you, be able to shift, clutch, brake, steer, lean, etc....without having to consciously command yourself to do it, or be timid of doing it, THEN you're no longer a beginner.
That's exactly what I was saying, I should hire you as my interpreter :)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.