Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Drinking Colt 45's with Lando
6,077 Posts
Nice!! I asume you are from somewhere that the weather is nice.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is with the use of some zip ties with the temp tag. It will look better with the real plate in a few weeks. I was going to get some new pipes, but the stock ones sound so good. I saw a pic of the MIG's and I am fan of them so I might go with them, it will be a cosmetic change for sure, I do not see them being much louder. The extra few hp will be nice too, I will be getting the PC as well to help with that dip at 7k.

To date I have about 28miles on her :rock

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here is the pic, didn't come through the last time.

I live in VA, right by DC. It was in the 70's over the weekend.

ROchester, PA??

I just moved here last year from Rochester, NY. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A trick for the guys with the '04's.

I have seen some that left the holes where the rear fender was, I wouldn't want water up there. So flip the bolts around and put that funny looking bolt holder where the toolkit goes. Seals up those holes nice. I used duct tape for the holes where the passenger pegs go, seeing that is right by the battery, water would be a no no. I need to figure something out for where the fender actually ran some wires through, might look for a black tape (circle cut out). Mirror holes will be covered with Arai stickers (just like my Y2k had), it lokks killer.

·
Drinking Colt 45's with Lando
6,077 Posts
blowngt said:
Here is the pic, didn't come through the last time.

I live in VA, right by DC. It was in the 70's over the weekend.

ROchester, PA??

I just moved here last year from Rochester, NY. :)
Rochester pa is by Pittsburgh. But congratulations you bike is bad ass, i love the fender off.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks.

The mirrors off really shows how narrow this bike is. I will have to snap a pic of it and post that.

·
The fastest Colour!!!
309 Posts
How did you mount your plate?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
With some zip ties, from right under the seat you can use the frame. The end of the plate snuggles right into where the exhaust starts to split, like it was made for it. The looks are killer, very visible as well, so I should not get pulled over for it. :cool:

·
The flames took my R6
353 Posts
I´m so jealus....:(

I can´t afford a new bike this year and my R6 burned last year.

I would really really like to have the new R1, but here in Denmark the bike costs 44.000 USD $ with tax.:butt
And after that i will have to pay 2.200 USD $ a year for insurance.
It really suchs!

I have some dept from my study time the past two years that i have decided to pay off in a hurry, so right now i´m paying it off with 1.500 USD $ a month.

All this makes me love my 2001 YZ426 even more! :cryin

Forgot to say that i´m also paying over 50% of my wage in tax.
Welcome to Denmark!:rant

·
WERA/CCS #217
5,983 Posts
Nice bike and truck!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks, I see you are from DC, I am in Alexandria, we'll have to hook up for sure this summer.

THe truck, yeah it's sweet, but my damn wife drives the thing all the time and loves to hit curbs with the 22's :argue

I am lcuky though I get to drive this:

Attachments

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Or if I am in the doghouse she lets me out on this.

You should see my 6'5", 270lb a-s on this thing

Attachments

·
Anyone see a Honda I'm hungry
749 Posts
blowngt said:
A trick for the guys with the '04's.

I have seen some that left the holes where the rear fender was, I wouldn't want water up there. So flip the bolts around and put that funny looking bolt holder where the toolkit goes. Seals up those holes nice. I used duct tape for the holes where the passenger pegs go, seeing that is right by the battery, water would be a no no. I need to figure something out for where the fender actually ran some wires through, might look for a black tape (circle cut out). Mirror holes will be covered with Arai stickers (just like my Y2k had), it lokks killer.
I used those black plastic push fasteners that you see on door panels etc for the 4 small holes and a Medium sized plastic grommet that was never cutout for the wiring hole . I'll post a pic later . You can find theses at AutoZone easily ..

·
Speed & Style
286 Posts
I really like the location of the plate where its in front of the pipes but was wondering about turn signals. You might not have a problem with the visibility of the plate but I don't see how you're gonna deal with turn signals.

·
Lock & Load
1,430 Posts
blowngt said:
Or if I am in the doghouse she lets me out on this.

You should see my 6'5", 270lb a-s on this thing
How does the 04 feel being 6'5"? It looks smaller than the 02-3.
Just curious, I am 6'2

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hahahaha, got the turn signal problem beat. For no I am riding sans turn signals. I have on order from

http://www.customled.com/PRODUCTS/INTEGRATORS/2004_R1_Tail/2004_r1_tail.htm

That should look great. Yeah that pic is hard to see the plate, but actually from street level or car (for the POLICE) it will be in perfect view.

As for riding, I just sold mt Y2k R1, the '04 is a whole different bike. The'00 I sat on top of it, this feels more like I am sitting in it, hard to explain. Either way I dwarf whatever I am on, but it makes it much easier to throw around. :riding

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have to get around to pulling those front turn signals off. I glanced at it the other day and it appears I have to drop the whole fairing for this, is this correct? What ever happened to the days when you could get to the inside bolt without removing anything.

·
Una Caterva, Una Pugna
34,147 Posts
Very nice toys :jump :thumbup

1 - 20 of 27 Posts