Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
2wheelife.com
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sup everyone i finally got my baby, but i got 2 question?

1)mine had 3.7miles(5years ago my gixxer had .7miles). did they road test mine a lil too much? or is that about right?

2)look at the color of the oil. did they use oil from a recent oil change? (don't forget bike only has 3.7 miles)

I had to sheid her from the rain ha ha

·
Cornering Enthusiast
1,746 Posts
From what I've seen while working at the local Yammie shop 3 miles was about average. As far as the oil, it sure looks cloudy. Dunno if it is contaminated or just usual for break in. I'll let someone else field that question.

·
brian (bam)
1,494 Posts
3 or 4 miles sounds normal to me..what you should worry about is
when you go to pick up your bike and there is no miles on it ,cuz ya
know they did nothing..as far as the oil goes looks a little watery..
i would change it myself to be on the safe side ,thats ok to do....
nice pics ..nice bike ...keep them coming...

·
R1 2FEAR
610 Posts
mine had about a half a mile on it.my understanding is they just run the gears up and down really no need for anything else unless you got a couple service mechanics that want to feel that new R1.

·
Has anyone seen my ratchet?
25,747 Posts
I have heard that there is some specific break-in oil that Yamaha uses. Maybe some other 04 owners can chime in, or go take a look at another new bike at the dealer, or just call the dealer or Yamaha Customer Service.

·
Cornering Enthusiast
1,746 Posts
The 3 mile average is more for testing the assembly of the bike from the crate than anything engine/tranny related. Don't need a front tire or clip ons falling off:eek:

·
Señor Citizen
20,232 Posts
All I know is when I pick mine up I'M RIDING IT HOME!

·
2wheelife.com
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I would of loved to have riden it home but it was coming down hard Sunday out in So. Cal. Thx for the 411 fellas. My bro picks up his red R1 tomorrow @ a diff. dealership so I'll see his and also question their mechanics about the cloudy oil. Looks like diarrhea(really)

·
Señor Citizen
20,232 Posts
It looked like it was either/had been/was about to rain, I'm not putting shiz on you. I'd not ride a new 1000 in the rain either.

·
Wheres the eject button?!
566 Posts
Pretty safe to say you wont be able to close the tailgate.

Also time to change your "Bike" info
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

·
Banned
9,570 Posts
pimpdaddydeluxe said:
Sup everyone i finally got my baby, but i got 2 question?

1)mine had 3.7miles(5years ago my gixxer had .7miles). did they road test mine a lil too much? or is that about right?

2)look at the color of the oil. did they use oil from a recent oil change? (don't forget bike only has 3.7 miles)
Sweet ride!! Dunno about the oil.

·
Banned
163 Posts
MINE HAD 4 MILES. OIL LOOKS LIKE OIL.. SIKE JUST JOKING. IF I WERE YOU I WOULD MAKE THE DEALER CHANGE IT TO BE ON THE SAFE SIDE. IF THEY WONT THEN DO IT YOURSELF. IF IT DOES NOT LOOK RIGHT TO YOU DO NOT ACCEPT IT. I HAVE THE SAME BIKE SO YOU WANT PERFECTION. NICE PICS.

·
Taming the power btwn my legs!
610 Posts
Great bike. Ask them about the oil. I'm sure it's nothing to worry about though. But hey, change it after 50 miles and be on the road to happiness.

·
We All Crave More POWER
320 Posts
My bike had 7.1 miles on it and the oil looked brand new. No cloudyness whatsoever. my .02

·
2wheelife.com
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
hmmm decision, decisions, change or keep o.g. oil... wow bigg-e 7 miles sounds like someone was on a joyride.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts