Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I finally gave up my 2007 r1 (and i still love it to this day), it was time to upgrade but i never really liked the 09-14 models so i desperately started looking for 2016 60th anniversary edition but couldn't find one and finally landed on the idea of purchasing a new bike. Ive been riding for 15 years (and all model r1's) or so and I have never owned a brand new bike before. So i decided to go with the 2019 red model, knowing it had some upgrades compared to 2016 and the whole idea of purchasing a new bike made me man up for it :D:D.

Anyways, my first ride made me feel like i just got married again. The bike is exceptionally awesome. Im loving all the tech features it has to offer. Ive only done a few hundred kms and still getting used to all the preset modes, the power delivery is sweet on this bike, Im still in my "break-in" period and still getting used to the new bike, but it goes in out of turns reals good.I still cannot ride in full power mode, as riding around the city in lower rpms the suspension feels very soft and the throttle feels very light compared to my old r1. Im also enjoying accessorizing my bike to my taste. So far ive gone with the 3/4 akra system and can feel the choppiness of the throttle so a tune is gonna happen real soon. It does backfire alot like a biatch, the brakes dont feel so good, could also use an upgrade (cables and pads) i think.

What do you guys think ?? Oh and which oil should i use ?? Lolll ??

** Edit ** Is this color not so popular in the r1 community ? Would like to see what other red owners have done. clear/carbon look tank pads ? red or black hand levers ? i prefer the clear screen, just want to see how it looks on the bike. Other than that, according to the research off of this forum, i think i would go with a ecu tune, smog block off plates, servo eliminator, and possibly down one sprocket.

20200523_032005.jpg

Registered
Looks good! I鈥檓 in Canada too. Toronto area. I have been buying most of my parts from YART shipping is no issue. 2 days and it鈥檚 here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
Looks good! I鈥檓 in Canada too. Toronto area. I have been buying most of my parts from YART shipping is no issue. 2 days and it鈥檚 here.

any link ? is that that austria racing team ? I normally use riders choice or twin season recreation but they cannot always get things from US suppliers. Anyhow its no big deal ordering from those site if we didnt have this current situation. Thanks !! May be we ride one day ;)

Registered
any link ? is that that austria racing team ? I normally use riders choice or twin season recreation but they cannot always get things from US suppliers. Anyhow its no big deal ordering from those site if we didnt have this current situation. Thanks !! May be we ride one day ;)
Yes it鈥檚 the Austria racing team. If your like me and can鈥檛 wait 2 weeks to a month for parts these guys are great and stock lots of race parts. YART | Yamaha Austria Racing Team | Yart

Registered
Great looking bike...I personally love the red too! Though Yamaha has used some red on the R1 model over the years, I believe only twice have they offered an all red (2014 and 2019)--the last years of their respective model runs. I almost bought a 2014 but then the new R1 at the time (2015) came out and I decided to wait, and waited, and waited, and waited for red...now I'm too fucking old for an R1 but I'm sure you'll love it!!!!

Premium Member
Great looking bike...I personally love the red too! Though Yamaha has used some red on the R1 model over the years, I believe only twice have they offered an all red (2014 and 2019)--the last years of their respective model runs. I almost bought a 2014 but then the new R1 at the time (2015) came out and I decided to wait, and waited, and waited, and waited for red...now I'm too fucking old for an R1 but I'm sure you'll love it!!!!
You鈥檙e never too old. You鈥檙e only too old if you let your body get out of shape. Stay fit and ride till the day you die.

Registered
2019 Yamaha YZF-R1
Congrats. I love my Vivid Red R1. Had mine for a year now. When I saw it at the dealer, I kind of impulse bought it over a raven black 2018 left over model, even though it was $1000 cheaper. Lets just say I have a thing for the color red. It just catches your attention.

Here's mine, I went with the red and black theme to match my Dainese gear.

Registered
You鈥檙e never too old. You鈥檙e only too old if you let your body get out of shape. Stay fit and ride till the day you die.
Thanks..I was really just kidding..just bumbed Yamaha didn't do a red sooner. I have a blue/white 2003 (original owner) and a gray 2016 and just got a smokin deal on a leftover 2019 kawasaki z900. I was just about to get an MT 09 but then I demo-rode the z900 at Daytona Bike Week event earlier this year (glad I went up the first weekend-they cancelled the event and races a few days later) and that is one sweet street ride. I rode a 2020 but it only has minor changes from the 2019. It's a near 1000cc streetfighter type that is unbelievably smooth and powerful, comfortable, with an awesome sounding exhaust for a stock system, and they're practically giving them away to clear them out. It's not super high tech and that's just fine with me.
But I love my two R1's I have now (also had a 1999 blue/white bought new-what a beast!!)

Registered
C鈥檓on bro, age is only a number! I just sold my 鈥19 R1 for a 鈥20..... I guess I鈥檓 a geezer at 53 yo. Lol

Registered
Get the block off plates ASAP along with an air filter and a tune.
Going 1 tooth down in the front yields almost nothing,my 04 had 1 down and 4 up and my 18 has plus 6,extreme yes but most people are so demoralized by the time I hit third gear they have given up already and being very few people go near top speed I don't have to worry about them catching up..
Enjoy your new toy and watch out for that light throttle return spring

Registered
I'll be 64 in 2 weeks and ride my 2001 R1 daily although the wife has decided she would like to come along. A 2016 FJ09 will be replacing the R1. I hope to post a mint condition 2001 R1 with 13,700 miles shortly.

Registered
My Aprilia has some red in it...

But yeah, she's basically a black bike!

Reactions: zx6r_98
1 - 20 of 24 Posts