Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Thanks..I was really just kidding..just bumbed Yamaha didn't do a red sooner. I have a blue/white 2003 (original owner) and a gray 2016 and just got a smokin deal on a leftover 2019 kawasaki z900. I was just about to get an MT 09 but then I demo-rode the z900 at Daytona Bike Week event earlier this year (glad I went up the first weekend-they cancelled the event and races a few days later) and that is one sweet street ride. I rode a 2020 but it only has minor changes from the 2019. It's a near 1000cc streetfighter type that is unbelievably smooth and powerful, comfortable, with an awesome sounding exhaust for a stock system, and they're practically giving them away to clear them out. It's not super high tech and that's just fine with me.
But I love my two R1's I have now (also had a 1999 blue/white bought new-what a beast!!)
i loved my blue 99 R1...had chrome frame and rims, tho my favorite is still 2007 (and now this new one is making me love again.. lol)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I'll be 64 in 2 weeks and ride my 2001 R1 daily although the wife has decided she would like to come along. A 2016 FJ09 will be replacing the R1. I hope to post a mint condition 2001 R1 with 13,700 miles shortly.
RESPECTs !

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Get the block off plates ASAP along with an air filter and a tune.
Going 1 tooth down in the front yields almost nothing,my 04 had 1 down and 4 up and my 18 has plus 6,extreme yes but most people are so demoralized by the time I hit third gear they have given up already and being very few people go near top speed I don't have to worry about them catching up..
Enjoy your new toy and watch out for that light throttle return spring
What throttle return spring ??

21 - 24 of 24 Posts