Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
member of the lunatic fringe
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:thumbup

Kevin, Alex & I leave @ 9:30 or so with temps in high 60's to 70 and blus skies forever. After 90+ miles of great twisties, 100mph sweepers & 140+ straights with some awesome dips and stuff on hwy 58 we are sitting @ the cafe just off the water in Morro Bay eating a late breakfast. Then it's time to reverse the fun and run hwy 58 back home.

Fun riding with you guys and we will have to get a couple more rides in before it gets too cold....you know like 50's :scared

Getting ready to head out

Attachments

·
Bulldogger
5,874 Posts
Good times indeed! :thumbup :thumbup

Pleasure riding w/ you guys. You guys set a great pace that had my R1, my ass, and the sides of my shagged Super Corsas all begging for mercy:fact:sneaky
Next stop Hwy155:)

·
Super Moderator
21,675 Posts
crazyclimbr said:

we will have to get a couple more rides in before it gets too cold....you know like 50's :scared
Yeah, now that's getting pretty cold to ride. :fact Sounds like you guys had a great time. :thumbup

·
Akrapovic xplane
6,024 Posts
Good times............I joined a few forum members for similar run down here a few weeks back.

·
What Willis was talkin' 'bout.
322 Posts
With winter rapidly approaching here in the midwest, and a low of 37 predicted here tonight, all I can say is, well, I'm jealous.

·
Throw Some D's On It
8,779 Posts
ex-bay area brotha here ....... cryin.............

·
Registered
527 Posts
Cobra Kai said:
With winter rapidly approaching here in the midwest, and a low of 37 predicted here tonight, all I can say is, well, I'm jealous.
My dumb ass just moved 300 miles farther north to IA

Me -> :2bitchsla <- Me

Highs of low 50's all damn week.

·
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
LowSIDER1 said:
Is Hwy 58 far from irvine?
It's a bit about 160 miles going up I-5 from Irvine.
A better route from your place would be to head up the coast to Ventura cut over to Ojai and take Hwy 33 to Maricopa stay on 33 towards Taft then continue on 33 to Mckittrick where 33 intersects with 58, Take 58 to Santa Margarita which is on Hwy 101. From Ojai to Santa Margarita one way that trip is about 160 miles of twisties, sweepers and undulating straights that you can go as fast as you dare (easily 140 +) although some of those dips are really scary @ high speed.

Map quest can give you a decent idea of the route if you piece it together similar to how I have broke it down above. I've ridden both and I'm still ambivalent which I like the most although 58 is a top contender.

·
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
xdonniedarkox said:
Your 04 Kev looks proper...
That bike is the :boobies and you should see him ride it. Coming down these roller coaster like dips he just lifts the front wheel like he's on a cr 250:thumbup

·
What Willis was talkin' 'bout.
322 Posts
MOYZF said:
My dumb ass just moved 300 miles farther north to IA

Me -> :2bitchsla <- Me

Highs of low 50's all damn week.
I spent the weekend on the bike in Arkansas last week, enjoying the beautiful 70-degree weather and fantastic roads. This weekend was basically spent indoors out of the 40-degree temps and bone-chilling rain. What a difference a week makes, huh?

·
Twisties 32 miles 2.5 mi away
926 Posts
California is incredible as far as geography and climate go. If you can live with the left wing wacko politics, it's the place to be. I love Morro Bay and Hwy. 58 (and the PCH!) I haven't been able to get out there with my R1 yet, but it's definitely on the short TO DO list. In the mean time...I HATE YOU GUYS...(not really). Have fun and think about us mountain guys stuck in 'til spring.

·
Raven Lunatic
676 Posts
NorCal is more left-wing than SoCal..but yeah overall the state is pretty progressive...though if you want a more conservative enclave those are fairly well-known too...just check out Simi Valley or Orange County. No shortage of conservatives (religious and political) if you know where to look.

I've lived here all my life...it's an interesting place, full of diversity..and the roads..SO MANY ROADS. :D

I'm staying.

·
I SeE ClOwNS
3,149 Posts
i hate you all( well not really) i am so jelouse. i hate NY and cant stand dirtu streets, bums, cold commute and for a city that never sleeps it still get sborring. I have been dreaming about move to Cali for the longest. Next year i will be looking for a place to buy and I might just take my a$$ to CA.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts