Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· 1 Sick Individual
3,110 Posts
Doesnt have to be done that way. If U dont want to change the shape of anything. Here is how U can also do it.

Get 4-8 washers the size of the area behind the reaset on the frame. Or just get 2, 8mm spacers. Also buy 2 new rearset bolts (make sure they are stong) They need to be 8mm longer than the stock ones. Put it all back together and dont forget the locktite. Then just take the lever and reverse it to the other side of the crank used for changing gears. Seriously takes less than 20 minutes and U can put it right back to stock if U need to......

· 1 Sick Individual
3,110 Posts
Here you go. I added a couple notes real quick. I have had mine this way for a very long time and I love it. Should take approx 20 mins to complete.

Attachments

· 1 Sick Individual
3,110 Posts
Notes didnt come out so clear.

Top blurb says to relocate the linkage arm to look like this and be careful to make sure it doesnt rub frame on shifts. IT will be close but should not rub.

The second blurb says to place washers or spacers here behind the rearset and against the frame. Rearset bolts are ~8mm longer and stronger than stock. Good luck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.