Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
5,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone actually used one of these services? I've already had 2 bikes stolen and now I'm scared to let my bike out of my site. I'm thinking seriously about putting one on my R1 but I haven't talked to anyone who has used one. If you have any experience with these systems I'd like to hear what you think of it.

·
Registered
5,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, that would kinda defeat the purpose. I like the idea of being able to catch up with moth**Fu*ker that stole my bike!:boom

·
Administrator
31,051 Posts
Try dropping ducatiwv a pm also... he has an alarm that signals anytime his bike is moved, tilted, etc... seems to work pretty good.. That along with GPS would take care of it pretty well...

·
Registered
5,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm trying to get an idea of how well they work or don't. I've heard that the distance the Scorpio alarms remote works at isn't very impressive.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I looked into one once and was told that the vibration of a sportbike will break it in about a month. I only talked to one place about it so I don't know if it's true or not or if they only sold crappy ones that break.

·
Ride or Die Biiiaatches
4 Posts
damn no one has tried to put an alarm on their motorcycle? last night so f*&cken hethen tried to steal my bike while it was in my garage, with the door down. Now I am really interested in knowing about these scorpio alarms. If the system is loud enough to wake me up then Ill be happy so i can get out of bed and blast the MF who tried to steal my r1.

·
Registered
5,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sounds like the Scorpio is the best bet for an alarm. The Sat./Cell GPS tracking thing I'm looking at has an alarm built in. The cool thing is it supposedly lets you track the bike via a website. You theoretically can track down the sh1tbag who stole your bike. I'm a little nervous about it because I haven't had contact with anyone who has actually tracked their bike with it.

·
Registered
672 Posts
here a few others that i found, cuts your insurance rate too.

here is one on radar busters, the guy stands by it, and he's pretty renound in his selection/testing, you can also track it online:

http://www.radarbusters.com/products/GPS/gps-tracker.asp

here is another you can track online in real time:

http://www.vehicle-tracking-gps.com/

both have different packages,

The only problem that was brough up earlier, is that its a minor offence, not something to go to jail over, so it serves no justice to let the cops nab him, i'd much rather dish out the justice myself

Attachments

·
Registered
5,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the links! I'm thinking the same, the cops don't seem to care very much about bike theft. I'd rather show up at the [email protected]#kers place with my well armed buddies and a Uhaul truck to clean that sh1tbag out!!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Centicide said:
wow... AA's, why cant they have a battery pack that would charge off the system. would be better.

:beer
It does, thats the wires you see coming out of the bottom right picture. The 'AA' are for when you use it with just batteries. ie when you put your bike away for the winter. It lasts for 3 months like that. With the Vehicle adapter module, you can hook up 3 inputs, ie. an alarm system so when that is triggered, the MiBIKE calls the owner just like an expensive GSM alarm. It also had battery backup if the wires are cut.

·
Premium Member
4,782 Posts
I prefer to just NEVER let it out of my sight. If it's not in my locked garage with security by Sig Sauer it's under my ASS!!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.