Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Who's Ya Daddy??
5,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, spoke to a fella about getting signed up for a race class today. I am pretty excited. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I could expect? Its a one day session, 5 classes and then track time. The certificate is supposed to be good to get licensed to race WERA and AHRMA. Not sure for what classes, beginners I imagine. Does anyone no what cc that might be? I plan on doing some practice days on the one, but I would like to get a bike that I can race in sanctioned races to start working my way up the ladder. Just have to figure out where the ladder starts. Stock 600 class maybe, or smaller?

Anyway, the orignal point of all this. I have 2 piece leathers, no name brand but they have decent padding (high density foam rubber, but it beats nothing to start) and some middle of the road racing gloves. I am thinking I would like to get some boots, frame sliders (just in case), and a damper before the class. What do you guys think?

·
Who's Ya Daddy??
5,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump

·
Dirtbike Therapy
464 Posts
you can start in any class you want, yes get a steering damper,the two piece leathers are good for the class but to race you will need a one piece, and buy good shit, the leathers gloves and boots should be top quality, its your ass they are protecting

1 - 3 of 3 Posts