Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
SpidermanSS killer.
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I finally caught up with my buddy last night for a few minutes and got a sound clip of the bike with the graves titanuim slipons. We got this one clip and his camera ran out of battery power...just my luck. It is a decent clip but I did not do any high revs because the bike still isnt completely broken in.

I got it in 2 formats...They are the same clip I just compressed the WMA file for faster downloading and less bandwidth.

WMA format 75k

and WAV format 587k

·
SpidermanSS killer.
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was in the garage when I did it and I really dont have a great mic either....sorry it didnt turn out any better but thats all I had. It sounds totally different than the stock bike. It is louder but not horribly louder than stock pipes. I can only compare to the other bikes I have seen mine was never cranked with stock pipes. It is deeper than stock from what I remember but like I said I didnt have a before and after on my bike. I just heard another 04 cranked one time.

·
SpidermanSS killer.
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
One question for everyone with an 04 bike....What does your bike idle at? Mine idles aweful high compared to my 00 r1.

·
Until it sleeps
5,422 Posts
my idle on my 99 is set around 1100-1200 I dont know if the 04's r adjustable, but mine is.

Oh i do like that Idle better than the stock. The stock sounds too smooth, not rough enough.

·
SpidermanSS killer.
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looneybomber said:
my idle on my 99 is set around 1100-1200 I dont know if the 04's r adjustable, but mine is.

Oh i do like that Idle better than the stock. The stock sounds too smooth, not rough enough.
Agreed I need to look in the manual for idle control...Mine idles at like 1300 or something like that. I bumped mine down on my 00 I love a choppy idle.

·
Bone Stock....for now....
460 Posts
Between 1000-1050 idle on my '03 which I thought may be a little low but it idles smooth as silk.

·
we meat again
18,549 Posts
Cool sound clip! :cool:

Thx! :thumbup

Hmm... it seems that the stock ones are pretty loud already. If that was done in the garage like you said, then it's probably louder than what really is from outside. Anyway, still nice sound though... :yesnod

·
Speed is good.
1,940 Posts
That clip does sound pretty nice btw. You're the first member to give aftermarket exhaust sound clip. Thanks!

·
Registered
546 Posts
graves

Thanks for the sound clip:thumbup have been waiting for that . good work, carry on

·
Banned
163 Posts
does not have much bass. sounds like my old 03 with a yosh. still sounds great!! and thanks a lot for the post . i live in charlotte also so maybe i will see you out sometime. on my silver 04. i do most of my riding off mallard creek into the back roads of cabarrus county and then up 85 to 52 and into the mountain areas. i do a lot of highway riding. not really into gas station hoping or parking lot pimping. i average about 3000 miles a month on my bike. not my new one yet since its still cold. and as you know is snowing here today. thanks nice post again. your bike is sweet.

·
WUZ-UP !
4,355 Posts
Seems quiet ?????

·
PWN3R
1,364 Posts
well that's it for graves, Im seeking Yoshimura sounds now :)

·
Banned
163 Posts
yeah me to... i am not really feelin the graves for the price. i like the look of the new yosh although graves is probaly better quality. i dont mind the stock pipe. it sounds better than any other stock i have ever heard and the power is there all the time. you really dont need a aftermarket pipe but if you get one make sure its worth the money and sounds better than stock. in the case of the new 04, it may be hard to find a pipe that sounds better than the stocker for the money. maybe arata or akrapovic will prove different.

·
Registered
446 Posts
afabbrin said:
I think R1Lover is planning on that in front if his house. LOL...
I heard he plans on filming in front of his local elementary school during recess…....:lol

J/k R1lover...keep the vids comimg...

·
SpidermanSS killer.
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
ccrw said:
i dont mind the stock pipe. it sounds better than any other stock i have ever heard and the power is there all the time. you really dont need a aftermarket pipe but if you get one make sure its worth the money and sounds better than stock. in the case of the new 04, it may be hard to find a pipe that sounds better than the stocker for the money.
Agreed completely! Or just buy one for bragging rights...LOL The other R1 at the dealer that had the stock pipe was very very impressive sounding. Cheers to yamaha for making an awesome stock exhaust.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts