Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
GvillefloridaR1
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 07 R1 and I just added a pc3usb and the graves exhaust and it gave me 10HP thru the ENTIRE range!!! yay O and is sounds like a angry brear :scared :scared

:fork

BMC race-filter,-1tooth counter,pc3usb,graves cat-eliminator

·
burnin' up the streets
8,783 Posts
are these the full system? are they worth $1800 for full system and PCIII? that's a lot of cash...or is this just the slip ons that get this increase?
full systems will get way more gains than a slip on.
slip on for looks, full system for power.

just watch out for brears! :gengar:

·
Do or do not, there is no try
2,667 Posts
If it's just slip ons then it's B.S. No one gets 10 bhp for just slip ons and PCIII.

:beer

·
GvillefloridaR1
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No bs buddy I have the b4 and after Dyno charts to prove it!!!!!!!!!!! i put on the graves cat-eliminator system... thats the cans and y-pipe and I had it CUSTOM MAPPED and I got 10hp more and 5ftlbs of torque! search for the 07 dyno results thread I started and you will see ALL OF MY B$ AND AFTER DYNO CHARTS

·
GvillefloridaR1
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
also i PAID 1000$ SHIPPED from tobefast.com aka mccoy motorsports for this system ... I will offer my CUSTOM MAP to anyone who wants it.. it will save a few 100$ in time and dyno money

·
Registered
149 Posts
No way you got 10hP out of slip on. Hard to get 4-6hp out of a slip on. The numbers don't really mean anything other than bragging rights. Just make sure your A/F numbers are good. Yes your dyno paper can be made to say large increase in power.

Costumers would not be happy if they paid money to have their bike dynoed and it only shows 2hp increase. You could have installed Akra Y pipe and race baffles for $300 and had the same power.

Also giving someone else your custom map is pointless since it would not be custom for their bike and every bike is different and that is the whole point of having a custom map done. :)

·
GvillefloridaR1
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
dude its not a slip-on ( when I think slip-on I think just cans) its everything but the headers (didnt take off the exup valve and HEADERS)... I know the guy personaly and there ARE no made up numbers, I was there the ENTITRE time during the install and dyno watching and helping....also I had i took it to a COMPLETELY different dyno just to check the numbers( it was free) and they were the EXACT SAME. check the graves website and they get the same exact gains as i did.. I think you should either do your research or read the conversation b4 you make comments....and as for the custom map if its the same bike with the same add-ons and around the same climate and elevation it will work just fine... I am just offering it out not selling it

·
GvillefloridaR1
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have the graves y-pipe... I PERSONALY like the way graves sounds better and I PERSONALY think the graves system will give u a SMIDGE more power... and I PERSONALY think they look better

·
Registered
149 Posts
It's okay to brag about your numbers bro. We have all been through that faze of having a new exhaust and thinking the numbers are important. Once you have had a few and start to understand what is important about the process then the numbers won't really matter. :)

·
GvillefloridaR1
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Wow I guess your the all knowing all seeing eye arnt ya?? I guess what I saw and a large number of other people muuuuuuust be wrong cuz you say so??? Im sorry who are you ? do you own a dyno? It sounds like you have experince in the art of bullshittin to me.. to be so quick to call someone else out on it.... I better go have my self checked out...m

p.s. whos bragging?

·
Moderator - In Memorium
24,167 Posts
dude its not a slip-on ( when I think slip-on I think just cans) its everything but the headers (didnt take off the exup valve and HEADERS)... I know the guy personaly and there ARE no made up numbers, I was there the ENTITRE time during the install and dyno watching and helping....also I had i took it to a COMPLETELY different dyno just to check the numbers( it was free) and they were the EXACT SAME. check the graves website and they get the same exact gains as i did.. I think you should either do your research or read the conversation b4 you make comments....and as for the custom map if its the same bike with the same add-ons and around the same climate and elevation it will work just fine... I am just offering it out not selling it
Slip ons for these R1's is generally from the catalyst back.

10 rwhp gain from stock to slips with a custom tune is possible. But sharing maps isn't a great idea. Even down the production line engines will breathe differently. May be a very good starting point though.

Anyway, what matters is you are happy with the mods you paid for. Nothing else really matters. We all pay for mods, and ultimately we as individuals are to be happy or pissed about them. Glad you got good stuff from good people! :thumbup

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.