Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I am putting the bike away for the year.
So I called tobefast and ordered a new stand for the bike, to tuck her away until spring.
I ordered the graves rear stand and it fits like :butt . I sits sideways and wobbles around alot:dunno .
Is this normal with the graves stands, and does yours do this?
I called tobefast and they said theirs fit extremely well, and to call graves.
Just was hoping someone eles had this problem, before I called them and sent it back, if they will even help me out.

·
Linux wins in the end!
566 Posts
Sorry to hear this bro, my graves rear stand fits pretty good.

The front stand took a little getting use too. I had to hook one side into the fork and pull on the other side until it popped into the hole

Are you sure the ground is level where you are raising your bike on the stands?

Since I have had front and back stands for a few months the front fits perfect now.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Mine fits kinda weird too. It does the trick, but the bike kinda leans on it. Anywho, your putting your bike away already? Shouldnt do that yet, we might be heading to Marietta through hocking hills this weekend. :yesnod :D

·
Administrator
30,475 Posts
check the stand on a level surface and if it's not flat it could have gotten something too heavy set on it in shipping. Graves stands are aluminum and pliable so if you need to adjust it slightly you can by holding either side and twisting it just slightly... I've never done it but a customers got a box from us one time that look like it was tweaked in shipping.. he adjusted it himself and said it was good to go...

Hope that helps and THANKS... :fact

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
DeViLdOg-R1 said:
Mine fits kinda weird too. It does the trick, but the bike kinda leans on it. Anywho, your putting your bike away already? Shouldnt do that yet, we might be heading to Marietta through hocking hills this weekend. :yesnod :D
Dude I sent you a Pm last time and did not hear from you:dunno
I am down for going with you guys but I have to work sat. I can go on sunday just let me know.
I will also get a hold of Randal03R1 as well.
Keep me posted:thumbup

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
SpidermanSS said:
check the stand on a level surface and if it's not flat it could have gotten something too heavy set on it in shipping. Graves stands are aluminum and pliable so if you need to adjust it slightly you can by holding either side and twisting it just slightly... I've never done it but a customers got a box from us one time that look like it was tweaked in shipping.. he adjusted it himself and said it was good to go...

Hope that helps and THANKS... :fact
Dude thanks again for always being on top of things:bow
I'll give it a bend and see if it works. I know you guys had nothing to do with the fit just called to ask!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts