Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2009 R1 is the bike in question.

I "believe" I have a header from a first edition full exhaust. It was being sold on the forum as the current LINK header. The purchase was made 6-8 months ago. I was able to find a LINK midpipe to go with this header but as I sit here tonight trying to install it, there was a fittment issue.

So I need to find a set of old Graves Slipons/decat pipes. Does anyone remember these parts? Or maybe it's a WORKS system I have?

·
Registered
361 Posts
Are you having trouble with the y-pipe to header? Because I have the olds Graves y-pipe and I need the LINK decat. If that's your issue I will gladly swap you through PayPal or something. The new graves link exhaust is meant to be Graves link. The old can be switched I used my Leo Vince's with the Graves y pipe until I got the Graves link slip one and the y pipe doesn't fit perfectly. Let me know if you're interested

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you having trouble with the y-pipe to header? Because I have the olds Graves y-pipe and I need the LINK decat. If that's your issue I will gladly swap you through PayPal or something. The new graves link exhaust is meant to be Graves link. The old can be switched I used my Leo Vince's with the Graves y pipe until I got the Graves link slip one and the y pipe doesn't fit perfectly. Let me know if you're interested

What part of the y-pipe doesn't work? It looks good in the pictures, but I could be missing something?

·
Registered
361 Posts
The fitment? Is that a word? Where y-pipe connects to my LINKS slip on it's loose on the inside. If I'm correct the old Graves uses a clamp (see my Leo Vince's picture) where the graves link slip on the clamp doesn't clamp down the part because it's held on by a spring. If that makes sense? I've got a small exhaust leak with my LINKS because the links slip ons are not meant for the older y-pipe.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, I see what you mean. Thats not really going to fix my problem. My Graves header extends up into the midpipe location and basically it's too long. But in reality its that I have two different parts that are not working together at all. Hang on a sec I'll get a crappy cell phone pic to explain further.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Well damn was hoping I found the missing puzzle piece I needed! Anyway looks like you're missing a piece? I could be wrong though. In that first picture it looks like you have two y-pipes

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
361 Posts
Hmm that is weird. Disregard what I said in that earlier post I see now what I was looking at. So the headers are right and the mid-pipe is correct it's the underpart of the exhaust is too long?

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah the collector pipe is too long for the LINK midpipe. I'll be in the phone with Graves to figure out exactly what I have.

Disclaimer: these part were all purchased second hand (they are new however) and they came from different sources.

·
Registered
361 Posts
That collecter looks like another y pipe to me but it's super early and I may just be stupid.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
At this point I have no clue, hence this discussion. But that picture is very telling...I can see where this might be what's going on.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ahhhh good find! Dude you're making 'Merica great again...ill send this thread to Graves and see what they can do.

·
Ride Alive
158 Posts
Graves is a pain to install anyway. Just recently put on their full Ti system for my 05. Its sweet but putting it in is a pain.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
@SpidermanSS this is the thread I'll be using as a referance.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts