Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! I'm Joey. I'm a seasoned veteran with about 36 years of riding experience. If it has 2 wheels, I've probably ridden it. Everything from dirt bikes to kickstart shovelheads and everything in between. My current bike is a 2015 R1 that I received in a trade for my 2018 MT-10. I look forward to learning from the veterans here and helping out wherever I can. Thanks for having along for the ride!

·
An R1 kinda day!
234 Posts
Howdy from Hickory. I have the '15 R1 myself. I don't ride much. Only 19000 miles in 3 1/2 years. I took her up to deal's gap. An R6 is a better size bike cos I couldn't get the R1 past 2nd gear. But there is a lot of great roads on this side of NC. Let me k ow if you're ever on this side.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Howdy from Hickory. I have the '15 R1 myself. I don't ride much. Only 19000 miles in 3 1/2 years. I took her up to deal's gap. An R6 is a better size bike cos I couldn't get the R1 past 2nd gear. But there is a lot of great roads on this side of NC. Let me k ow if you're ever on this side.
Thanks .an!! I definitely will!! I can see how the R6 is better suited for the dragon. I'm considering doing a gearing change to try to shorten her legs a little bit.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wilson, NC here. How you liking the bike so far?

I also own a '15
Hi Nicholas! I'm really enjoying it. I haven't been able to ride her much because of all the rain here. I have been on a SuperSport in many years and in that time, I guess that ergonomics has gotten more fierce than ever! Lol. Although I have a suspicion that it's mostly just Yamaha. Haha. My MT-10 felt really similar to how the older SuperSports felt to me. My old bones will get used to it soon enough. It's all about conditioning.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
5 Participants
Mastiff71
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing