Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shouldve got this up a bit sooner,
Sreet Races this weekend in greymouth, the weather is looking good,
All classes except classics n buckets full.
Have a group of 10 heading down from Nelson, we go every year and it gets better each time.
So if your at a loose end this long weekend its a great day and whichever route you take to get there the roads are fantastic:riding:riding:tocoo:

·
Keep it shiney side up
712 Posts
he was supposed to be yea but broke his collar bone riding his mx bike a couple of weeks back:( was still an excellent weekend with alot of bikes floating about:fact how did you get on?

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Was a great trip, had a group of ten of us go down on saturday, great weather went down via the coast road through punikaiki, then watched the racing sunday, nasty crash in the last formula greymouth race, a bike dropped "its lunch" oil on the track and had 4 or 5 go down in it, few beers n bike talk at the union hotel that night and then headed back to nelson today.
Was a very frustrating trip though, saw or followed at times a total of 9 cops, but got through with no fines.

·
Keep it shiney side up
712 Posts
+1 on the cops it was crawling with them, i took my truck as bike is inthe shop at the moment so didnt worry me too much, another of my mate Dan McKenzie was racing in F1 on a CBR1000RR fireblade and he was one of those riders that went down on that oil who was leading the second race at the time, it caught a few of them out for sure, great weekend though the coast turned on the weather which was awesome and glad to hear you made it there and back without any infringements

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
2 Participants
papermushrooms
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing