Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I will try to make this short, since nobody can unlock the 2020 ecu. I want to remove my cat with a 3/4 mid and a slip on. I will put the 2020 pcv on and change the airfilter?? Should I run block off plates as well? I don’t want to run rich or lean. Can someone guide me the correct way?

·
I miss my R1
3,548 Posts
As long as you're running the proper map in your PCV for your setup, you shouldn't have any issues.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As long as you're running the proper map in your PCV for your setup, you shouldn't have any issues.
So my best bet is getting a protune once the PCV is installed and NOT using any of the maps provided by power commander because they never align with what one user is running for aftmrkt parts

·
I miss my R1
3,548 Posts
Yes, either a custom map or using an auto-tune in conjunction with your PCV will likely work best.

·
Registered
86 Posts
If you intend on remapping the bike, you will want block off plates. The block off plates are there to prevent air from being pulled into the exhaust. Factory Yamahas don't have them by default because the tune was already mapped correctly prior to the introduction of extra air (for emission purposes). If you're remapping the bike however, you don't want this extra air going into the exhaust as it will affect the AFR readings and give you an incorrect reading leading to a map that isn't optimized correctly. This is the same reason autotune recommends having block off plates installed or disabling the AIS.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts