Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
121 Posts
well, ir you like loud you should have bought i harley, if you want performance, then dont touch it and actually buy an aftermarket pipe, those are louder.,
but if take that packing out it will drop your horsepower...

· Registered
325 Posts
pipe

to take apart the can you have to drill out the rivets. and completely disassemble the can because the stock can is not a straight through design, it has two chambers. if you take out the packing it would most likely reduce your power because there is no direction of exhaust flow it would get forced into parts of the can its not supposed to be. best option lay down some cash and buy a micron slip on. about 6hp gain, about 3 lbs. lighter. unmatched quality.

· I eat my R1.
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay thanks for yer input dudes. I think i'm gonna buy an aftermarket pipe instead of trying to gut my stock since thats what most of you recommend. I just need to sell some my surfboards first. ANyone interested? they are in great shape and sell them for cheap. later:rock

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.