Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just bolted them on, havent crashed so there isnt a productive review. they cost about $100 on ebay and came with all the right pieces to install, does not come with tools. very esy install, only took about 20 mins, i highly recommend locktight for the final bolts.

i only took one picture but the install involved taking the midfaring off and removing and replacing engine mount bolts, very easy.

i did not see any other color options but black hardware would have looked much better. the actual slider pucks do have the traditional "R1" symbol on them at 180 degrees from each other in white. looks pretty good.

again, no crash experience so i wouldnt know how they hold up and i didnt take a great look at the materials so i dont have a comparison against shogun or other sliders.

Attachments

·
Registered
250 Posts
you dont need the spacer on the right. i just dropped my 09 on the right with these sliders and they saved the bike. all plastics, mirrors, bar ends, levers were untouched thanks to these guys. did scrape the pass peg, ignition cover, and rearset peg, thats it. worth their weight in gold! however, good luck trying to find a replacement puck... my hunt continues

·
Registered
66 Posts
When installing these sliders to you have the front "post" touching up against the frame to stop them from shifting in case of a drop or do you have them installed "straight" on to the frame so that post doesnt touch the frame? Just curious how other people installed them. Thanks very much.

·
Feel the speed attack!
650 Posts
They didn't save my bike slide with low speed (like 20 mph) :shake so I made new longer reinforced bungs instead shorty GYTR ones.

Attachments

·
You don't impress me.
553 Posts
They didn't save my bike slide with low speed (like 20 mph) :shake so I made new longer reinforced bungs instead shorty GYTR ones.
Christ were you doing a buck forty on gravel?

Anyway, I've got these and I dumped mine like a rookie at about 15 - 20 and the bike never got touched, with the exception of a small scuff on my right side can (somehow)...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts